Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Very nice Antonio and Marc!!!

Me: Sony NEX5n with 18-55 kit lens. I hope mine doesn't have the video clicking problem. I hope this will keep me from buying the NEX7 and I will *need* a lighter than DSLR camera once I get the hip scope.

Also, I paid for 1-day shipping and amazon sent it via Ensenda again. Uggggh. I hate Ensenda. Last time this happened, I swore I would never pay for 1 day shipping again.

Has the camera arrived yet, Shelly? I have 3 things en route from Amazon via outfit called Lasership. After looking them up a bit, I doubt I'll be receiving my packages in timely fashion, if at all. :palm:

Edited by Salt Peanuts

Great score Deepak. How many Staxes do you have in your stash now? grin.gif

Not sure why everyone thinks I have so many Stax phones biggrin.png I have a SR-007 mk1 brown, SR-007BL and the SR-Omega. And I will probably sell the MK1 brown at some point, but I'm too lazy to do so now.

One of those SR-007 cases in my picture from a few days ago is an empty case but it looks cool smile.png

Has the camera arrived yet, Shelly? I have 3 things en route from Amazon via outfit called Lasership. After looking them up a bit, I doubt I'll be receiving my packages in timely fashion, if at all. facepalm.png

I get Amazon stuff through Lasership all the time with no issues. I hope it's the same for you.

Not sure why everyone thinks I have so many Stax phones biggrin.png I have a SR-007 mk1 brown, SR-007BL and the SR-Omega. And I will probably sell the MK1 brown at some point, but I'm too lazy to do so now.

One of those SR-007 cases in my picture from a few days ago is an empty case but it looks cool smile.png

At this moment you have at your place 2 Staxes more than myself ;D In any case one can't ever have "too many" Staxes. At worst, a few more than indispensable.

How are you liking the Omega? Birgir commented a bit about it, but I'd like to read more opinions on how do they compare to the 009.

At this moment you have at your place 2 Staxes more than myself grin.gif In any case one can't ever have "too many" Staxes. At worst, a few more than indispensable.

How are you liking the Omega? Birgir commented a bit about it, but I'd like to read more opinions on how do they compare to the 009.

I thought you had an O2 and BH?

I will post what I think of them, but I might wait to do that until I have the KGSSHV up.

You may have seen these comments, Antonio, but I pretty much agree with them:

general impressions from my limited time with them.

009's are very neutral in their presentation and that is a very good thing in this case. Nothing was out of place. They were able to handle very complex and powerful passages very well. A giant killer for many systems (RCA-SACD 4th movement - Saint-Saens - Symphony No. 3 In C Minor Op. 78 'Organ'), the 009's from my ES-1 was able to hold everything together - soundstage, detail, bass, air, and power. Was a pleasure to listen to. The only thing that was lower than what I wanted was impact, à la L3000's... but that is a different animal.

I used two tracks for resolution and went against the 4070's.. Nickle Creek - 2002 - This Side - track 3 - "Speak", and track one of Dave Brubeck - 1959 - Time Out - "Blue Rondo à la Turk" both from SACD. As Al says, The 009's have higher resolution. They are very close to the 4070's, which I always considered the resolution king, but the nod would have to go to 009's for me. They both demonstrated the eerie 'notes dissipating into the ether' effect.

The closest can to the 009 is the Omega. Presentation is very close. But the resolution on the 009's are higher and the bass presentation is tighter on the 009's. But it is a worthy Omega alternative in my view. I found the Omega to be a little more midrange forward than the 009's.

009's vs 007's... The only edge that I have for the 007's is they had more impact for me. The notes had more weight, the bass I could feel more. But just about all other aspects the 009's edged it out.

I had to stop myself from wanting to compare the ES-1 to Al's BHse (I get distracted every now and then)...

Side note - all tracks were 'very' well recorded. Did not listen to a run of the mill recording to see if the 009's were forgiving, I don't really want them to be.

Cheers,

Our group is a bunch of ballers. Seriously, awesome purchases all around. Congrats everyone!

You could say that again, this group sure doesn't mess around. Envious of the Staxes and tripods. ;)

As for me:

- Audeze LCD-2 r2 and Senn HD800 via Moon Audio and HeadRoom @ RMAF, respectively

- ThinkTank Digital Holster 20 v2.0

- spare battery for Panasonic LX5

For some reason I was talked into getting one of these also.

MH02-MC34.png

and Amazon made me angry about having none of the new Sony lenses in stock yet so I got even and bought this e mount from them.

41sPE4ERZGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

No idea why I needed either.

TVC33Pkg03.png

This setup with a bunch of L Plates.

Nice Jeff! You can use the monopod as a cane or for hitting people who dare to get in your way.

Has the camera arrived yet, Shelly? I have 3 things en route from Amazon via outfit called Lasership. After looking them up a bit, I doubt I'll be receiving my packages in timely fashion, if at all. facepalm.png

Sorta. Ensenda claims they delivered it to the Rice mail room. Of course, they always do this right before the mail room closes so I have to wait for the next day to get it (UPS delivers it right to the department so I actually get it in one day like I "ordered." ) Of course, this is just one reason why I hate Ensenda and amazon for using these shitty companies. Let's hope that my package is actually there and hasn't been run over by a truck along the way. Sigh.

Lasership sounds like it is run by a bunch of 12 year olds.

Deepak: Nice!!! I may or may not be interested in the SR-007 MKI if you decide to sell at some point. Not really sure if I want to get one since I only have a KGSS and don't really want to invest in a BH right now. (Well, I do want a BH and SR-007, in fact might as well go for an SR-009, just don't feel like spending the money. smile.png )

Edited by shellylh

For some reason I was talked into getting one of these also.

and Amazon made me angry about having none of the new Sony lenses in stock yet so I got even and bought this e mount from them.

No idea why I needed either.

This could be the reason why no Sony lenses in stock :(

sony_thai_water.jpg

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/first-pictures-of-the-submerged-sony-thailandese-factories-four-months-production-stop/