Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

Siri is on. Showed it to the apple people this morning while waiting in line. They couldn't figure it out either.

Waited in line for 6 hours. I was the second to last person to get a reservation for a plus. The lady behind me started sobbing uncontrollably. Gave her my spot. Then got cursed out by the guy who got the last reservation for making him look like a douche because she was pleading with him for the spot (something about a disabled son). No iPhone but walked away happier than I woke up this morning even after my back killing me from standing that long.

Funny story about this morning though. Got up early and got to the mall at 7:30 am to a pretty empty parking lot. Was super excited knowing that I would probably get the first spot in line. Walked into a dead empty mall. Went upstairs and turned the corner to find ~400 people ahead of me. I had parked on the wrong side of the mall. :<

• Like 2

GE -- just fucking return it, fuck 'em.  I realize they will just sell it to the next shmuck, until they find someone willing to put up with the overhead, but ... that's the problem (and not just with Apple, any time a merchant has that much more demand than quality supply).  Maybe if enough people call them on their shit, they'll quit being money extraction engineers.

Crappy, you are the karmic equivalent of brownian motion, I have no idea whether you're accumulating positive or negative.

Don't really believe in that, but it's a good model for discussing things like your day.

Crappy, you are the karmic equivalent of brownian motion, I have no idea whether you're accumulating positive or negative.

Don't really believe in that, but it's a good model for discussing things like your day.

If someone is crying over not being able to get a phone, they obviously need it more than I do. I'll grab it tomorrow. Or day after. Or whenever they have it in stock. Barring the larger screen and the curved design I don't really see any 'upgrades.' Certainly nothing major enough for me to want that phone today badly enough to where I ignore someone crying over it. Had the day off from school. Went with a friend. Hopefully she is happy with whatever she was able to get because they were starting to run out of the 6+'s fast. 

Edited by crappyjones123

Wow. When I first opened the 6+ I thought I had made a mistake.

After a few hours I couldn't even imagine giving it up. The size feels so right. The 5-regular feels like a toy after using it.

thats how i was with the note 2. for about the first hour i was like "damn this thing is enormous". then it suddenly felt completely normal and awesome.

next year i bought the nexus 5. really great phone, but the lure of the giant screen pulled me back, and i ended up with this sony z ultra, which is great.

for my purposes, a large screen just works.

For those of you considering new keyboards, this is a good read. The author is one of the tech guys I used to follow who is the most level headed people reviewing. It sheds a little light on some differences between the Android and iOS versions of the same app. It seems Apple is rather restrictive of the new keyboards, but there may be some tips for some on how Swiftkey can be used.

http://www.cnet.com/news/iphone-6-plus-vs-samsung-galaxy-note-3-swiftkey-shootout/

FWIW, I use the Google keyboard on my phones, but the Swiftkey keyboard was my favorite after living with the others (Samsung, Swype, SwiftKey) for a few weeks each (long enough to truly get a good feel for them.)

**BRENT**

You iphone users are in for a treat. Please please please upgrade to swiftkey(i like to disable flow). It's not quite as good as the android one, but it's way better than the apple keyboard that you've been stuck with for the past 4 years. The other good one is fleksy but it has a bit of a learning curve.

Edited by falkon

Fits just fine in my pockets.

My only real annoyance with the 6+ so far? The Apple Keyboard in landscape mode. It is just awful. I have no idea why they felt the need to add all those extra keys.

post-3084-14112343048432_thumb.jpg

Ric, been using normal mode. It's nice to be able to fit a whole lot more on the home screen.

post-3084-14112343827953_thumb.jpg

The copy paste buttons seem to be useful. Would you prefer that all the other keys be stretched out across the entire screen?  I think the keys would be super wide and hard to type on.

Swiftkey has an option for one hand mode where it shifts all the keys to one side.  You can also do split keyboard like so:

http://venturebeat.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/swiftkey-3-tablet-split-keyboard-with-light-theme.jpg