Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

it didnt take all that long, actually average...

in one word of the new is "Amazing!". the ipod playlist editing is awesome just this feature alone, the graphics are so updated, folders rule but there seems to be a 9 app limit to each of them, mutlitasking really is what is it, and spell check in any where you type is kinda cool.

the zoom in camera is nice but the tap to focus while you are video recording has some cool benefits also.

The multitasking only works for multitasking approved apps right?

I think yes and no, like using the remote app for example. say you went to artist Beatles then you seen all the album you have of the beatles (and we know you have crazy numbers of Beatles albums on your itunes) then you would choose an album off the list and select a song. well you could always back out of that album and go to the album list as long as you didnt close the app. if you closed the app then you had to go back to Artist to get to the Beatles album list..with multitasking you still have to start over just as before so i would guess some apps yes and some apps no. i think evey App can mutlitask but some just suck and lke close or you lose your place in the App.

got my fedex tracking # from at&t premier...it said free overnight shipping when i ordered it...so i figure it's either gonna show up tomorrow or they're playing by apple's rules & stalling the packages on purpose for delivery on the 24th...

the number isn't trackable yet...

my iphone broke. :( when I would press the lock button to "wake up" the phone, the screen would be mostly white with a series of multicolored lines. I could still receive calls fine but I just couldn't see the screen. After locked and unlocking repeatedly eventually the screen would come on properly, and so long as I didn't lock it again would be fine indefinitely. unfortunately it reached a point this morning where it just wouldn't give me anything but the white screen.

Even though I was pretty sure it was a hardware problem I did try resetting and eventually restoring it, no dice. So I'm going through Apple's warranty return service, which to their credit has been extremely easy so far. Just bring my phone and return number to the UPS store. Anyway I am without a phone for the first time in my adult life. Its weird but kind of nice. I thought I'd be going nuts today but I was totally calm.

Anywho don't tell apple, but I think my screen issues might have been the result of a drop I had, about 4 feet onto hardwood floor. The problems started shortly thereafter. Which is nuts because I dropped my first gen like 1,000 times before anything happened, and then it was just a stuck volume button. Anyway this has me considering a case. Does everyone like the Otter stuff? I'm thinking Commuter or even Defender.

I hope it works out for you. I've gotten my iPhone replaced on several occasions under warranty, it's always been easy but time consuming as I have about an hour and 20minute drive to the Apple store then I always end up waiting at least 20 minutes even with a reservation. I go nuts when I forget my phone at home, not sure I'd make it several days in a row.

I don't have any case at all, just a screen protector and a sleeve from SF bags. Keeps it looking nice and shiny.

This is crazy, I've been downloading iOS4 for over an hour and iTunes still says 4 hours left... WTH!

that's not my understanding, but i don't have a multitasking capable iPhone to try it on.

You and me brother :(

Edit for random iPhone help. I have my iPhone currently synced to another iTunes library and would like to have it synced with a different one. How do i go about doing that without losing the current stuff on my current I.phone?

Edited by recstar24

IMO a good case should act like a crumple zone on a car and break apart upon impact when the device is dropped, which is why i like Agent 18's Eco cases (the plastic is made from recycled pop bottles). when the device hits the ground it bounces up an inch while the two case peices go their serperate ways. the rubber glove/skins and the slider cases i used in the past just lock the phone in while doing shit to protect from impact, im talking about cases that dont add much bulk to the phone...really why would you want to carry more bulk? dropped my 3gs many times yet never gained a single scratch once.

i never understood how people could not have a case, but then again i am pretty nuts when it comes to the purity and the virginity of my iDevices so..

John, sorry to hear about your ordering debacle but from everything I've read your case is a common one unfortunately.

The awesome part is now the premier site has them as sold out. Hope Steve and his factories can pump out a few million more of these in a month. Wonder if anyone has looked at the iphones impact on the earth from a mining perspective. These must be one large ass hole in Africa somewhere where the minerals for the chips come from.

Install has yet to be completed on the GF's 3G... Keeps getting hung up backing up, despite syncing immediately before attempting the upgrade. The hang up was lasting long enough that it was pissing off the laptop to the point where it was shutting down! I think it was overheating... Ugh.