What did you do today?

riceboy

Are the margins so narrow that these guys really only care about 5-6 figure sales? If that's the business model, so be it. If not, I don't get the attitude.
I don't get it either. Is it a dominance thing? They try to make you feel inferior, so you buy something from them to suck up to them? Doesn't work -- I buy things I want, or I don't.

Oh, and yes: unexpected punchline for the win.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that was not fun today was my son suddenly manifesting a wicked seasonal allergic reaction, something he has shown no sign of in the past. Eyes just about swollen shut, nose running like a tap etc. etc. The tree pollen is all over everything like gold dust right now, so I guess the cause isn't much of a mystery, but it's just miserable to see him so miserable. No one else in the family has any allergies at all, so I was kind of hoping we'd dodged that bullet. :(

Zyrtec seems to be helping, but I have to say it's a kick in the crotch to make it through the New England winter -- when everyone is constantly sniffling and cranky -- only to now run into exactly the same thing in the longed-for Spring. :palm:

One thing that was not fun today was my son suddenly manifesting a wicked seasonal allergic reaction, something he has shown no sign of in the past. Eyes just about swollen shut, nose running like a tap etc. etc. The tree pollen is all over everything like gold dust right now, so I guess the cause isn't much of a mystery, but it's just miserable to see him so miserable. No one else in the family has any allergies at all, so I was kind of hoping we'd dodged that bullet. :(

Zyrtec seems to be helping, but I have to say it's a kick in the crotch to make it through the New England winter -- when everyone is constantly sniffling and cranky -- only to now run into exactly the same thing in the longed-for Spring. :palm:

I can sympathize as my seasonal allergies have been getting progressively worse the past few years. I've been taking Zyrtec D this season as other over the counter meds just are not working for me anymore.

Not strictly today, but eh, close enough. Normal day at work yesterday, got in at 10, scheduled to be on to 6, but had to leave early for a group meeting for the final philosophy debate at 5. Well, only 3 of the 5 of us were planning on making it, and one of those no showed. Neither myself or the other guy had anything at the moment, so we decided to call it until Monday. At that time, I got a call from a friend asking if I wanted to go to the O's game. Went, and watched the O's suck. Don't think they ever got past 2nd base. After that, we went to a club, had a bit too much to drink, and I ended up in some strange German woman's house for a few hours. Got a ride back to campus at about 4:30 (where I left my car), decided it would be a good idea to go for a couple mile run, then went back to my car and slept for a few hours, before finally heading home.

I gave him some Benadryl before bedtime on the nurse's recommendation. He's woken up raving about trash cans and whales four times already. :palm:

Diphenhydramine is tough stuff. I'm actually surprised that it's OTC. I think it's Rx in Europe (though the system there is admittedly different).

Had one of the best nights that I ever had

Will explain more when less drunk

hopefully this makes sense because i'm pretty wasted but

last night, had a dinner with all the faculty. The chair of the department was checking out the wives of the other professors and my neural systems professor drank a full bottle of wine and telling us his life story. I got one of my more attractive female classmates pretty drunk off three "high"(~10%) ABV beer and got some action going.

Tonight, I had laphroaig QC with the chair and he gave me some highland scotch in return. Overall, awesome few days!

Moved a bunch of stuff in the backyard while waiting for the guys to install the brick pavers for the patio. Received a call that they couldn't make it until Monday.

So I decided to do this for an hour:

BinLaden.jpg

Looks like 9mm yes? I though you only had 45 cal.

I'm seriously considering becoming John Travolta in "The Boy in the Plastic Bubble" -- at least for the 6-8-ish hours / day of sleep I get.

My allergies are so bad, I actually consider "sinus drip" to be a part of my daily caloric intake.

Edited by Dusty Chalk

Joanne and I went into The City (SF) to meet up with a friend, check out a few venues, and walk down to a bar near The Embarcadero to enjoy some drinks and some very tasty sliders (or Perry's Slyders as the menu described them) and fries, before popping outside to enjoy the KFOG KABOOM 2009 fireworks

oooooooooh, pretty! (Esp. in HQ)

Diphenhydramine is tough stuff. I'm actually surprised that it's OTC. I think it's Rx in Europe (though the system there is admittedly different).

Yeah. I don't think we'll be trying that again anywhere near bed time. Screaming heebie jeebies all night long. Urgh. Coffee.