What did you do today?

riceboy

Up @ 6... Walked & fed the pup. Got my 4-shot mocha & and cinnamon roll.

On the road by 8:30... Met a friend & drove up to my cabin. 2 hrs. Ugh.

Spent 2 hours dealing with the pup's separation anxiety when we tried to go out mountain biking.

Finally got a good ride in, only to find tooth and claw damage to the window sash and trim. Oh well!

Drove home,2 hrs again (still ugh), got some good ground sirloin and getting ready to cook dinner...

If I can stay awake. I'm exhausted!

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got up, made blueberry pancakes, mowed the yard, did a bit of DIY in the lab and then cooked dinner. Currently waiting to see if Lily will go to sleep or if we're in for an interesting evening.

Mmmm, Blueberry pancakes!

My Mom has a sourdough starter that's the same age I am (47), and we used to pick fresh blueberries on King Mt. in Alaska, so she'd make us sourdough/blueberry pancakes.

They were soooo good! Real maple syrup was a must.

Mmmm, Blueberry pancakes!

One of our neighbors has bushes and he dropped off a couple pints yesterday. Seemed like a good enough reason to make pancakes this morning. :) And man, I haven't had sourdough pancakes in a long time, my mom used to make them when I was a kid too.

hit up costa mesa, managed to get the conditioner/shampoo/face wash that rowland heights failed me on. Also got the meals for tomorrow covered.

I've never heard of sourdough pancakes, sounds like something to try though. [noparse]:D[/noparse]

--in before edit time runs out--!

where do i get sourdouh pancakes?

We started cleaning up the basement as the man who fixed the walls is done yay! We positioned the rinsing table to where it's supposed to be and cleaned that one as well.

Here are 2 pics of what it's like already...:

nr4695wj6.jpg

nr4701sm2.jpg

On the left side a table will be placed on which the enlargers will be placed on. In the middle will come another table which will contain the paper cutting thing, lightbox and that sort of "dry" stuff.

We went measuring today and it was pretty funny as we found out that the ceiling is 2 metres high where the enlargers will come and the biggest enlarger is 1.30 high..huhumm...the working table will have to be a little lower than I thought / wanted...ow well, it'll work out. Pretty happy so far :D

Doing a google of "sourdough pancakes" "southern california" gives a bunch of entries. Here's the first restaurant entry:

Pancakes & waffles - Los Angeles Area - CHOW

Sep 29, 2007 ... I go to all of the Southern California OPHs at least once, .... the oatbran pancakes or Campanile on La Brea for the sourdough pancakes. ...

chowhound.chow.com/topics/446162

...when we got back home we checked the basement where we're currently working on my new darkroom and it was FLOODED FUCK!!!

We started cleaning up the basement as the man who fixed the walls is done yay! We positioned the rinsing table to where it's supposed to be and cleaned that one as well.

I'm glad the flood damage was not severe and the offending leaks have been sealed (for good?).

We went measuring today and it was pretty funny as we found out that the ceiling is 2 metres high where the enlargers will come and the biggest enlarger is 1.30 high..huhumm...the working table will have to be a little lower than I thought / wanted...ow well, it'll work out.

You could wall mount the enlarger and have an adjustable table.

Btw, my first ghetto darkroom was a closet, the enlarger was on cider blocks (big bricks) on the floor, the wet-side was in the bath tub.

Any experience with SoCal area? I checked IHOP's menu, didn't see sourdough pancakes.

The gold rush in California has seemed to produce a large sourdough bread industry, whereas in Alaska it's items like pancakes and cinnamon rolls.

I make my own from the same 47 y.o. starter my Mom has, and I think I've created some followers.