What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike,

Regarding the last Iphone sunset picture, on the left side, is that a periscope I see? :o

I noticed that after I got home and saw the pic. It does look like that but I thougt it might be some dirt. I was carrying the phone in my running shorts and would take it out every so often and take a shot. It was sunrise, by the way.:)

Today I was up and on the road at 6 headed some 100 miles North to volunteer at a friend's fund raiser. The group that he and his wife work for helps disabled people find ways to participate in sports activities. My limited role was to chase them around on the third day of their ride and hopefully take a couple of half-decent photographs. The 3-day even takes them through NH's north country passing through two notches (Franconia and Crawford) and over the Kancamagus Highway. The vertical climb on just this day's ride is some 2300 feet in just over 18 miles, with the the final climb a brutal 6 mile 7% grade. Anyway, it was great fun and I don't think I totally let them down in the photog department. I've got a lot of post to do on these, it was a hugely dynamic day with stuff constantly passing in and out of shadows and clouds and being out of practice shooting dynamic stuff was obvious Mostly I just tried to have the subject properly exposed hoping that I could deal with the environment in post. Anyway, a few samples for the curious.

On The Road Early

102826953.jpg

Hannah Hadn't Quite Left Yet

102826954.jpg

Various Participants on the Hill

102826955.jpg

102826957.jpg

102826959.jpg

102827447.jpg

102827455.jpg

Twenty three hundred feet of climbing in one day is pretty respectable and doing it on a recumbent or with knobby tires is commendable. Nice shooting Nate keeping everyone in frame unless of course those shots were done at the top of the seven percenter. In that case they were probably only going three mph. :P