What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least right now, the pumps are keeping up with the rate of incoming water. It doesn't help that just beyond our property line are state and private forest with multiple wetlands. :palm:

Sorry about the flood. Although it may seem counterintuitive, those wetlands are probably helping and not hurting your situation.

Me: Drove from Rome, GA to Aiken, SC and now kicking back with a nice Hefeweisen (Schneiderweisse).

Heh. I'm pretty sure you passed through about 3-4 miles from where I live. Had I known we coulda met up for dinner or some nonsense like that. Alas.

**BRENT**

Came into Chattanooga on I24 and left on I75. We had already driven about 8 hours with a 5 year old. My guess is dinner would not be pleasant as all he cared about was getting to the motel pool.

In keeping with the theme of "when it rains it pours," just confirmed my wife's iPod is dying and can no longer add any songs to it as it won't get recognized by any of our computers. At least it's still playing music for now.

I'd be checking into a blessing for your home about now, or at least feng shui.

In keeping with the theme of "when it rains it pours," just confirmed my wife's iPod is dying and can no longer add any songs to it as it won't get recognized by any of our computers. At least it's still playing music for now.

Haj, I've probably got something for you on the iPod front.

Delivered a Korg Z1 physical modeling synth to Dave and Kate's house. Once again shared the CDJs/mixer with an insistent gray cat. DJed though the DST change until right before the sun came up. Passed out. Slept for maybe four hours. Awakened by Dave and Kate arguing. Got up, brushed teeth. Got fed breakfast by Kate. Took Kate's side of the argument (that we should go out and car shop for her.) Piled into Dave's car. Went to the Nissan dealership. Got ignored/rudely treated by the sales staff. Rode in the back while Kate test drove a Nissan Rogue. Noted HOW LOUD THE ROAD NOISE WAS in the back of the Rogue. Went to the Subaru dealership; received much better treatment. Drooled over a used "Saabaru" 9-2X they had for $13K. Drooled even more over the 2010 WRX STI wagon they had in the show room. Suggested Kate look at the Impreza Outback Sport. Left the Subaru dealership, went back to Dave & Kate's place. Got fed dinner by Kate (Dave is more lucky than he knows.) Listened to Dave yell at his cable company rep as he ordered HBO. Helped Dave research the video modes and I/O on the video projector he just bought. Devised a scheme for switching between a DVD player, Playstation 2, Wii and a Dreamcast. Watched the first episode of The Pacific, in SDTV (HD by next week.) Packed up all my gear. Spent 20 minutes looking for my sodding iPod (side pocket of my camera bag :palm:). Drove home. Poured 2 fingers of Scotch and put on my favorite Tom Waits album. I might make an epic Alizee post in Slow Forum ...or I might not.

Heh. That split is one exit from where I'm at. 8 hours, eh? Yeah, I don't blame you or him, that's a good bit of time for a 5 year old. Fitz was in the car for only 7 hours at DJ and you saw how cranky he was...

**BRENT**

ARE WE THERE YET?!