What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Built and installed cabinetry for an R/V. It has one of those toy haulers in back, that they've turned into a bedroom for their two boys. So the boys needed storage and a desk. The desk slides out on full extension glides. The Black portion of the upper face will be where their small LCD TV will mount on a swivel mount. There is also another access hole around on the right side. Fun project, and the little sluggers were thrilled.

cabinet002808x1077.jpg

cabinet004808x1077.jpg

Sorry Haj, wish I were there to lend a hand.

Edited by swt61

Nice work steve!

x2!

As for my kitchen, it appears there are no damage aside from the kitchen as the leak seems to be coming just from the section of the pipe that are exposed right below the kitchen ceiling. Of course, won't know for certain until the ceiling around it is cut open, which would be needed to repair/replace the pipe anyways.

Yesterday: Bus to NYC, met some people, amazing sushi, good beer, got lost in Queens 8 miles from my hotel for an hour in the rain towing a huge sack of gear, took an expensive and totally worthwhile taxi ride, and went to be super early (before midnight!).

Today: Woke up super early (8am!), set up gear, chatted with a bunch of cool folks, acknowledged the existence of headphones, got soaked in the pouring rain, just got on my bus heading home.

Yeah, I know! It was amazing, an hour in the rain and I learned that both my suit and suitcase both seem to be made of gortex or something, because while my face and feet were wet, I actually remained basically dry, and after dragging my suitcase through many a puddle, and having it trail behind me receiving no protection from my umbrella, nothing was even damp when I finally made it to the hotel!

Woke up to a power failure, which lasted approximately 2 hours. When the power came back on half an hour ago, my new stove (purchased on Monday) started beeping. None of its controls respond, and NOTHING WILL STOP THE BEEPING short of throwing the breaker in the basement. Both of Frigidaire's support #s are not answering the phone monkey at the appliance store knew nothing.
On my Whirlpool, you press the downward-pointing-triangle-in-a-circle button and the rightward-pointing-triangle-with-no-circle button two over from it simultaneously. Since there are no text labels or legends, these obviously must be universally recognised ideograms that are guaranteed to work for you as well.

don't lie colin, you were trying to look like a lawyer at the meet

Dan, you figured me out. I actually spent the whole meet wearing a rubber monkey suit, pretending to be Dinny. Alas, no free dacsies at the end of the rainbow, simply more rain, and no rainbow.