What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're watching a little Curious George right now

Curious George! April and I wore the book out. I love that book.

Yesterday I got to drive ... ride ... pilot ... skipper ... corral a sidecar rig for about ten miles around town.

ural-gear-up-bike_src_1.jpg

Every time you squeeze or twist a control it breaks out in drama ... geeing and hawing to one side or the other.

Fucking great stuff!

Glad Lily is ok, Nate, but I know the feeling of taking them for stitches or whatever is ofter harder on the parents. And I was dropped on my chin as an infant and still have a divet in the bone and a little scar. Hopefully she won't turn out like me, but I'm sure it won't even slow her down.

Glad Lily is ok, Nate, but I know the feeling of taking them for stitches or whatever is ofter harder on the parents. And I was dropped on my chin as an infant and still have a divet in the bone and a little scar. Hopefully she won't turn out like me, but I'm sure it won't even slow her down.

I never felt comfortable bringing it up Al, but thank goodness you're aware of how horribly disfigured you are! :P

Mike, that is entirely un-called for! Damn that looks good!

Wow! Mike all I can say is just wow.

Nate, glad to hear Lily is recovering and doing fine. There certainly is an element of drama with kids no matter how hard we try to watch out for them.

(yesterday)

Got to be on the "crew list" for Norther California's Premiere Pink Floyd Tribute Band

House Of Floyd, Pink Floyd Tribute Band, Cover Songs, California

My job was to capture the band in HD, as the don't have any decent footage of themselves.

So here I am back with the computer controlled lighting, lasers and video projection.

post-548-12951157392687_thumb.jpg

I even got a feed from the soundboard, hence the cable from the balcony.

And here they are on stage.

post-548-12951157396542_thumb.jpgpost-548-12951157397349_thumb.jpg

Throughly enjoyable gig, with a 3-hour set list featuring lots of favorites.

The locals added to teh *cough* "atmosphere" *cough

One particularly vocal young lass shouted out "Echoes!, Fuckin A!" when the organ/sonar pings started up.

The end of the second set contained the witticism

"Well, we only have time to play one more ..... (pause) .... album"

before launching into the complete Dark Side of The Moon. Which they nailed.

Fun evening.

Sorry to hear about Lily's "adventure" but it's good to hear she's taking it in stride.

Lauren & I went up to my folks' place today. She went to a Mother's Day yoga class with my mom, and my dad and I went up to the cabin and took the hard top off for storage for the summer. The snow was unexpected! But it wasn't enough to keep us from swapping tops, and the soft top is on and ready for nicer days ahead.

Cleaned off the old workbench in the garage that has been covered with stuff since we moved in 4 years ago. Decided it would be much better if I moved it into the middle of the garage (away from the wall), at which point I found a nice little animal's nest (possum or rat?). So I got to clean that up too. At least I have a place to work in the garage now.

Sorry to hear about Lily's "adventure" but it's good to hear she's taking it in stride.

Lauren & I went up to my folks' place today. She went to a Mother's Day yoga class with my mom, and my dad and I went up to the cabin and took the hard top off for storage for the summer. The snow was unexpected! But it wasn't enough to keep us from swapping tops, and the soft top is on and ready for nicer days ahead.

You have a removable hardtop on your cabin? Now that's bitchin'! :P

(yesterday)

Got to be on the "crew list" for Norther California's Premiere Pink Floyd Tribute Band

House Of Floyd, Pink Floyd Tribute Band, Cover Songs, California

My job was to capture the band in HD, as the don't have any decent footage of themselves.

So here I am back with the computer controlled lighting, lasers and video projection.

[ATTACH]3109[/ATTACH]

I even got a feed from the soundboard, hence the cable from the balcony.

And here they are on stage.

[ATTACH]3110[/ATTACH][ATTACH]3111[/ATTACH]

Throughly enjoyable gig, with a 3-hour set list featuring lots of favorites.

The locals added to teh *cough* "atmosphere" *cough

One particularly vocal young lass shouted out "Echoes!, Fuckin A!" when the organ/sonar pings started up.

The end of the second set contained the witticism

"Well, we only have time to play one more ..... (pause) .... album"

before launching into the complete Dark Side of The Moon. Which they nailed.

Fun evening.

Looks like a really fun night.:) I'd have to see a tribute band nailing Pink Floyd to believe it, but I'm glad it still lives on in some way. Speaking of which, been thinking about getting tickets for Roger Waters's The Wall concert tour in the fall. Do you think it'll be worth it/a good one? Tickets aren't exactly cheap but I have to buy soon before they run out.

Congrats on the move, Colin. I'll miss living near you. But in some ways it's easier to get to where you live, since I can just take the bus.:)