What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news Doug! Follow your passion and live the dream.

Fresh out of school I made the mistake of listening to my father and chasing money. I was well on my way up the corporate ladder, and was successful if success is measured by money. But I was not happy nor pleased with my life. When I decided to stay home and care for my daughters I had plenty of time to re-evaluate what I wanted out of life and how to accomplish that. The 8 years I stayed home are the best years of my life. Now I have a career doing what I like.

Wishing you success no matter the path you choose.

Another hearty, "Well done, Doug" from here. I am glad you are following your heart and passion, and if you are true to them, all will work out. Let us know how the journey is going, and if we can help in any way. Looking forward to BrewDoug nectars to come ... :)

I've replied to Doug in a PM. But a good friend Paddy Glenny started up a brewery locally in Witney Oxfordshire, initially called The Glenny Brewery. He sold out to Wychwoods (his most famous brew, Hobgoblin is still brewed), maybe 20 years ago and went off to Nelson in BC Canada - setting up another brewery called the Nelson Brewery in 1991. Their most famous beer is Paddywhack.

Last time I saw Paddy, he was doubling up as a Park Ranger paint ball coding Grizzlies. I kid you not. This is done (apparently) to keep track of the population. It is not a low-risk activity.

Last time I heard from him, he had been attacked by a juvenile black bear and walked 20 miles out leaving a trail of blood. He survived to tell the tale.

He didn't survive the next encounter, and became a Grizzly statistic.

So Doug - go into brewing - it is a fine profession - but don't go in for colour coding Grizzlies.

As a neurophysiology PhD student in a previous lifetime, I congratulate and support you in your decision to quit grad school and pursue something that truly interests you. It's a wise decision.

Good luck in becoming a brewer and please save a bottle from the first batch for me. :)

I have no idea what's going on, but I can't seem to get out of this everything, including all that's truly horrible, is so freaking beautiful and perfect it's almost unbearable mode I woke up in yesterday. It's going to ruin my reputation.

Effects of MDMA on the human body - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ? :)

Esp Effects of MDMA on the human body - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Short-term experiential effects, which tend to last less than 4 hours, include:

• Mental and physical euphoria
  • A sense of general well-being and contentedness
  • Decreased negative emotion and behavior such as stress, anxiety, fear, and paranoia
  • Increased sociability and feelings of communication being easy or simple
  • Increased urge to communicate with others.
  • Increased empathy and feelings of closeness or connection with others[11]
  • Reduced insecurity, defensiveness, and fear of emotional injury[12]
  • Decreased irritability, aggression, anger, and jealousy
  • A sense of increased insightfulness and introspection[11][13]
  • Mild psychedelia (colors and sounds are enhanced, mild closed-eye visuals, improved pattern recognition, etc.)
  • Enhanced tactile sensations (touching, hugging, and sex for example all feel better)

Effects beginning after the main effects of MDMA have ended, which can last several days, include:

• Lowered mood or even depression (comedown) after the effects have worn off
    • Increased anxiety, stress, and other negative emotions
    • Residual feelings of empathy, emotional sensitivity, and a sense of closeness to others (afterglow)
Edited by Grahame

I have no idea what's going on, but I can't seem to get out of this everything, including all that's truly horrible, is so freaking beautiful and perfect it's almost unbearable mode I woke up in yesterday. It's going to ruin my reputation.

So you quit moderating at H-Fi huh? :)

Sent out ear impressions to Westone for an ES5. I selected "clear" as the color. For some reason I always like to see the insides.

Yay Ken. I decided to give mine to the hubby (hoping this will allow me to use my open headphones more often) and Doug at Westone was fine with that. I haven't been able to get the hubby to the audiologist yet though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ruu9EcZj8I

A gentleman of leisure, he's there for your pleasure

But go easy on old Eezer he's the love you could lose

Extraordinary fellow, like Mr. Punchinello

He's the kind of geezer who must never be abused

When you're in town and Ebeneezer is around

You can sense a presence in the sound of the crowd

He gets them all at it, the party starts rocking

The people get excited it's time to shout loud

E's are Good, E's are Good

He's Ebeneezer Goode