What did you do today?

riceboy

It's just 10am but I've already ripped open my ESX amp as the left channel was distorting. Found nothing wrong with it so it is probably the crappy octal tube sockets I had to use due to the huge holes Mikhail had cut in the chassis or that is just needed some tlc... Holy crap this amp sounds good though. Not overly warm, dull, flat and lifeless like the WES but neutral and with impressive control over the SR-007 without a CCS in sight. :)

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1312eac7.jpg

It took a few hours more than planned to get here, but at least this was waiting for me along with a blackberry pie and cherry pie and an angel food cake with fresh peaches. Good thing I packed my fat clothes.

Did you eat the serving on the left? :)

Going to see what happens when I leave my chin hair untrimmed. Hoping for something close to a metal beard, but that's very unlikely. It will probably just end up looking like a couple of pubes growing out of my chin.

Just saying.

Fu Manchu is all I get. And I might have one by the end of the next week camping.

Currently am somewhere in the middle of Nebraska in a packed Prius. Bob Seger is pretty good road music. Corn fields as far as the eye can see. Great steak in Omaha. Didn't know there were so many windmills in Iowa- drove past a few hundred! Kids are holding up pretty well on the second full day of driving- thank god for portable DVD players!.

It took a few hours more than planned to get here, but at least this was waiting for me along with a blackberry pie and cherry pie and an angel food cake with fresh peaches. Good thing I packed my fat clothes.

I want to meet your Aunt Judy, the pie lady. I've got an Aunt Judy. She's a CPA, not so exciting.

Dude. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I can't grow a beard, because it basically looks like pubic hair. I honestly believe I have some Mongolian blood in me. On my dad's side -- he was from Eastern Europe/Western Russia, but farther back in the lineage, I don't see it as completely unfeasible for there to be some East-Asian blood somewhere in there.

I have two pieces of advice:

#1 -- patience -- give it as much fucking time as you can.

#2 -- tease the shit out of it. ("Teasing" has a very specific meaning with hair.)

I think I have some East-Asian blood somewhere in me too. Watched some youtube videos on hair teasing and... that's probably not going to work. Probably just going to let it grow out for another month or so (or if it starts looking like pubes, whichever comes first) and then decide where to go from there.

Meshuggah+041.jpg

Edited by mypasswordis

Looking at the world's biggest structures (well, I just got curious, and Naaman is refuelling close by on the way back to Oz), and found that Burj Khalifa in Dubai is heftily the biggest by quite a way. 828m, or over 2,700 feet. Astonishing structure, with all sorts of records - like how about an open air viewing platform at 1400 feet.

Plans are afoot (apparently) for a mile high building, so over twice the height of Burj Khalifa.

Safe travels, Naaman.

Woke up on the sofa with kids climbing on me, Uncle John made Belgian waffles topped with fresh peaches and homemade whipped cream, then played all morning with go carts and golf carts and dogs and kids. Afternoon was all about food: digging potatoes, picking corn, tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers from the garden and cooking with the aunts and cousins. The evening's been all about eating with more pies and cookies arriving with more aunts and uncles and cousins. The weather's gorgeous, and the home is gorgeous (uncle made all the furniture), set in the middle of seven acres of trees and green. I'm having a wonderful time, and am now be summoned to play ladder ball and corn ball with the kids while my brother sets up the telescope. Pics sometimes later.

Going to see what happens when I leave my chin hair untrimmed. Hoping for something close to a metal beard, but that's very unlikely. It will probably just end up looking like a couple of pubes growing out of my chin.

Just saying.

very few asians look good with facial hair. i advise against growing.

or transplant some real pubes to your face.

I honestly believe I have some Mongolian blood in me. On my dad's side -- he was from Eastern Europe/Western Russia, but farther back in the lineage, I don't see it as completely unfeasible for there to be some East-Asian blood somewhere in there.

Dusty,

Did you have a big old brown spot on your ass as a baby? It's called a Mongolian Spot, lots of us had them. You might have to ask your Mom.

My mom was the sort of person not to want to know. Let's put it this way -- she's so old-fashioned that she dressed modestly even when not going out, just because God could always see her.

I'll ask, but she won't know. I'll report back only if she surprises me.

Probably just going to let it grow out for another month or so (or if it starts looking like pubes, whichever comes first) and then decide where to go from there.
No no no! That's just what I meant by patience -- if you can get past the point of "looking like pubes", it'll look cool.

And for the record -- Fu Manchu == very cool.

Oh, and me: helped my cousin move. Ate some sushi in the dark, accidentally ate the entire dollop of Wasabi -- I'm going to be paying for that later, when it hits that spot somewhere around that spot between my upper and lower intestines where I wake up in a sweat and doubled-over in pain.

EDIT: Also reported a problem on google maps, here is the entire text of the problem:

Directions from 3321 Corridor Marketplace, Laurel, MD 20724 to 1334 Defense Hwy, Gambrills, MD 21054, step 3, streetview pictures look like a deep anal probe. No, wait, not that good. An _out of focus_ deep anal probe. With bad lighting. And a tech on crack.
I kill me.

Oh, look, there's a Burger King. And Ourisman Honda. And a Kohl's. And a Bob Evans. Yeah, I'm sure all those businesses appreciate having their names associated with 'murk'.

Edited by Dusty Chalk