What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is why I use a sponge, paper cuts suck big time no matter where you get them.

Scott better you make the change while you are young, regardless of your career path the better options seem to be in the private sector, except for health care admin. at least for the next few years.

Good luck to you.

Edited by Augsburger
fed the turtle

In trial for the last day before Christmas right now, but pretty sure I will be doing this later:

City Beer Store. Dogfish Head Olde School Barleywine bottle release....

Rare offering on tap along with bottles of the Olde School to take home and wrap for your loved ones holiday gift. Tap list will include: World Wide Stout, Olde School, Gina, Burton Baton, and Festina Peche. Bottles of Bitches Brew will also be available for purchase.

I have to pick up some pre-orders of other stuff as well, so what a bonus. :)

so i was just walking around campus this morning (very nice day out) looking for things to take pictures of. found a big ass tree - trunk was like maybe 20 ft in diameter. its a very very old tree. 2 campus policemen came over and asked me what i was doing. i told them i got a new camera and was just playing around with it taking random pictures. then they asked me for my camera. looked around as if they knew what they were looking at and then claimed that they needed to confiscate it because i was doing potentially illegal things. i said i would just delete the pictures if it was that big of a deal but they said they needed to take the camera. threatened to call the real police and they said go ahead. real cops came and asked for my id. only had my office keys, phone and camera on me. guess they got suspicious (because i havent shaved in a few days) - thought i was taking pictures of shit to blow up. finally they agreed to call my advisor and let me go after deleting my pictures.

yay for "freedom"

Wow, that's a lot of beer Al, better bring along a few elves just in case. I know not what you imbibe but it sounds like an impressive list.

I may have some colleagues in tow to help me, but I would like to try the BB, Old World and stout for sure. I have had Festina on tap before.

Well if we don't have anymore car problems today i may stop off at a local place here that seems to get some of the "good stuff". I would like to try Bitches Brew because i like Miles Davis and you guys seem to think very highly of it so that is all the reason (excuse) I need.

In trial for the last day before Christmas right now, but pretty sure I will be doing this later:

City Beer Store. Dogfish Head Olde School Barleywine bottle release....

Rare offering on tap along with bottles of the Olde School to take home and wrap for your loved ones holiday gift. Tap list will include: World Wide Stout, Olde School, Gina, Burton Baton, and Festina Peche. Bottles of Bitches Brew will also be available for purchase.

I have to pick up some pre-orders of other stuff as well, so what a bonus. :)

Nice, Al!

Belated condolences on your Grandfather, Steve. As noted, he does sound like a good one. I still miss my grandfather and think about him.

And Reks, sorry about the leg. Not being able to put weight on one sucks. With the air splint/boot, does that mean you will be able to walk on it, of still need to use crutches?

Well if we don't have anymore car problems today i may stop off at a local place here that seems to get some of the "good stuff". I would like to try Bitches Brew because i like Miles Davis and you guys seem to think very highly of it so that is all the reason (excuse) I need.

You won't like it... you don't like any good beers. ;)

so i was just walking around campus this morning (very nice day out) looking for things to take pictures of. found a big ass tree - trunk was like maybe 20 ft in diameter. its a very very old tree. 2 campus policemen came over and asked me what i was doing. i told them i got a new camera and was just playing around with it taking random pictures. then they asked me for my camera. looked around as if they knew what they were looking at and then claimed that they needed to confiscate it because i was doing potentially illegal things. i said i would just delete the pictures if it was that big of a deal but they said they needed to take the camera. threatened to call the real police and they said go ahead. real cops came and asked for my id. only had my office keys, phone and camera on me. guess they got suspicious (because i havent shaved in a few days) - thought i was taking pictures of shit to blow up. finally they agreed to call my advisor and let me go after deleting my pictures.

yay for "freedom"

Cj, that's nuts. Like Mike said, the terrorists don't need to do anything except laugh as we slowly destroy our own freedoms. I've read about people taking innocent pictures and being harassed, arrested etc. When did we as a country become so damned scared??

yay for "freedom"

I have a similar experience. Except I was stupid, doing it on a mall parking lot roof at night w/ flash. We did get the camera back though.

It never escalated to the point of actual police.

CJ, good job you only had a P&S not a DSLR, then you really would have been guilty!. Every one knows the bad guys are incapable of covert recon, or using google maps / street view. :)

Maybe you need to get one of these, for the hard of thinking.

png

from I'm a Photographer, not a Terrorist

Unless of course, they think its a double-bluff in which case you must be guilty!

You don't float do you?

monty_python_witch-701441.jpg

i already have pain in my palms from using the walker, so i think i'm going to do that. thanks for the tip! hopefully i won't be on my walker for too much longer though; one of the points of the operation i had was to allow me to put weight on my ankle quickly, and then walk more or less normally. we'll see, though, as i got different answers about things from every person i asked. the regular RNs seemed to think that putting any weight on my leg now would cause my leg to fall off, whereas the ortho nurses even encouraged a little bit of weight bearing (and a little weight bearing certainly helps in mobility, even with the walker). i have no idea what doctors suggested, as i never met my surgeon, and the only time i otherwise saw a doctor was when my pain was unbearable. i don't think he believed me when i told him that the pain was so bad that i couldn't move my toes and that my whole leg felt like static. this hospital is supposedly really good. considering that it's the hospital complex where i work (albeit in the research area), i should have known that it would be a pain in the ass.

Good luck with the recovery...

times like these i wonder if i had more legal rights when i was a permanent resident compared to now as a us citizen...

No you did not.....

Finally got around to putting up lights and ornaments on our tree. Definitely needed another string of lights, but I'm not ordering another one at this point.

Also have been contemplating bashing my right knee with a sledgehammer as it's been acting up most of the day and it's been steadily getting worse. Hopefully, it'll let me sleep.