What did you do today?

riceboy

I've never been sick while drunk. Although I've been damn close a few times. Came very very close for the first time in a long time on Saturday night. I must have put away the better part of a litre of Sambuca on top of the Brew Dogs. Astonishingly, no hangover at all. Not even a headache or crusty eyes. If I'd had that much gin I'd have felt like an absolute fucking train wreck. I'm told I made awesome pizzas when we got back but don't even remember leaving.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can work on it together in September. :eek: Speaking of which, what say you to bringing a little Blackwoods Vintage Dry Gin along in your baggage for us Yanks to sample?

I shall be hope to bring a representitive sample of gin, scotch, beer and softs.

It must have been this thread that prompted it, but I had the weirdest dream last night.

For some unknown reason I happened to be in Scotland, and wandered uninvited to Duggeh's house (though I wouldn't have a clue how to find it). He decide it was high time to get me drunk, but for some reason he had to sneak out of the house. His Dad was hanging close by (and he happened to be a Yank), so Duggeh sent him off on some errand. Then he produced something he called sweetbread, which was in fact some kind of fermented fish. The object of the fish was to get a buzz started. Then we headed to the local pub, where Duggeh proceeded to thoroughly drink me under the table (the only part of the dream with a basis in reality, I'm sure). Oh and in the dream he had the goatee in his new avatar.

I had the day off, so I went for a drive with mum and baby to the Elekit factory and a second-hand goods store that has quite a bit of hi-fi.

Holy hell that's a lot of rain! Glad to hear that you're doing ok, I can't imagine what the river must look like.

The interstate highway is still shut, but only north of here up to the next major interchange, thank God (I live near to the local interchange), as when the southern part was shut, the roads here were clogged to hell.

Despite being the most modernised of the Asian countries, Japan still has horrific roads that are all over the place, often barely wide enough for two cars to pass, with bicycles and pedestrians all over the place traveling along as if you don't exist. The road that collapsed was on the very edge of the river and only 1 car wide, despite being 2-way. Now it's half a car wide with a gaping hold under the guard rail over the river. I wouldn't have liked to be the driver at night when the gaping hole opened up on the interstate. I was on the overhead, ultra-modern city highway on Friday night, so apart from the gigantic puddle I didn't have to worry about anything other than someone with bad judgment driving into the back of me.

I'm also lucky to be far enough upstream that the river is unlikely to overflow here (and I live on the 5th floor), but down towards the city (and the sea), I saw news reports of it literally inches from flowing into old houses built on the very edge.

Dude, you really are livin' the dream.

Yeaah boyee!

Was supposed to play golf this morning, but it's pissing with rain. Don't envy the summer camp counselors with, like, 200 kids inside one tennis bubble. But I'm happy to have spent the money to make that not my problem. ;D