Deals

Dusty Chalk

AudioCubes will be opening a second store in NYC:

Hey Gearheads,

AC Gears #2 is officially coming to the West Village Fall 2009, so keep your eye out for lots of promos and giveaways coming your way!

=========================

1st Promo -

Buy one pair of headphones, get another (of equal or lesser value) for 20% off. This applies to in-store headphones, online at both ACGears.com and AudioCubes.com!

This promo starts RIGHT NOW and will end in two weeks when our 2nd Promo comes around. For our online customers, the discount won't show up on check-out, but our customer service reps will credit the money back to you!

=========================

If you've been in the market for headphones now's the time to take advantage of this offer!

More great deals and free stuff coming your way via AC Gears soon!

- ACG Team

Some of you guys like DVD box sets so here goes. Borders is having a 40% off sale on boxed set DVDs through this Sunday, coupon attached.

BORDERS COUPON Please Note: Only your coupon will print.

BORDERS REWARDS EXCLUSIVE OFFER

VALID THROUGH 8/23/09

All DVD and Blu-ray Box Sets

40% off

list price

Borders: This is a programmed barcode. Scan barcode or enter barcode #159043350000000000 and Borders Rewards number any time during the transaction.

Borders Coupons - coupon40dbs0820

MSI Wind U100B @279.99$

Pretty neat deal for Canadians if you're looking for a Hackintosh-able netbook. I just picked one up to see if it can replace my MacBook for on-the-go duties.

So far, I really like the keyboard, probably the best of all the netbooks I've tried. Screen is great, though the resolution is small-ish (1024x600). Windows XP runs very smooth, same for Ubuntu Netbook Remix. I'll try to install OS X later today. I've yet to decide what will be the permanent OS, I was thinking Arch Linux with a lightweight WM like OpenBox, but I'm not sure if I want to put all the time needed to configure it.

Happened to run across this and bought 4 rolls. Probably the best hook-up wire that I've used, much better than most of the fanboy stuff that people recommend on HF (ahem, cough, Navships). It is Teflon SPC and rated to 600V/200C, so good up to 1.2kV or so differential between a pair.

Compare to prices at Allied:

Allied Electronics - Catalog

Anyways, here are the listings for 22 awg and 18 awg, which are the two common sizes I use:

Belden Hookup Wire Teflon, Silver Coated 22 AWG, 83006 - eBay (item 220381966211 end time Sep-17-09 10:46:44 PDT)

Belden Hookup Wire, Teflon, Silver Coated, 18AWG, 83009 - eBay (item 220388181979 end time Aug-28-09 20:03:46 PDT)

They will combine shipping and ship overseas as well.

Edited by luvdunhill