Deals

Dusty Chalk

The ESS speakers are worth maybe a grand in excellent condition, but the SAE crap was dirt cheap when new, and for good reason.

The ESS speakers can be found all over from $450-$650, but they need a better woofer and crossover to sound decent enough. And your right about the SAE stuff, if one spent enough time going to garage sales and Agon the whole set could be picked up for less than $5K. Then again, there is probably some dum ass out there stupid enough to believe that guys BS.

Edited by Augsburger

I am actually a huge fan of skagen watches. They are the only company I have found that makes metallic band watches that are thin enough to wear while programming, but still look classy enough that they can be worn with nicer clothes.

Mine has held up admirably for a few years now, and seems to keep accurate time.

Skagen are well made watches. However, IMO, you have to have a certain look do pull them off (similar to nomos tangente).
I think I may agree, but we live in a weird time when this watch needs a special look and the other 83% with more complex (and functionality often unused) triple dial designs don't. Either it's the Schwarzenegger Effect or cell phone clocks really have pushed watches primary function over to jewelry.

Anyway, I'm in for one as it's got Vickis stamp of approval.

You like it and it's cheap (price-wise). What's the problem? Who cares what anybody else thinks about the brand or the watch? It's better to go with your gut feelings rather than others' gut feelings.
Maybe he's not asking for gut feelings? What's wrong with asking if others know anything about brand reliablilty, etc.? We obviously have some knowledgeable members.

Maybe he's not asking for gut feelings? What's wrong with asking if others know anything about brand reliablilty, etc.? We obviously have some knowledgeable members.

For $50, who cares about reliability? Worst case it's a throw-away in a year or two. Virtually all battery/quartz watches are disgustingly accurate.