What cable are you using on your 650's?

Jeepster

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got the HD650 over the weekend and I was wondering about replacing the cable. I'm not particularly fond of the elastic stock cable. If any DIYer have a spare cable then I'll be interested in buying it-or, I can pay you if you have time to build one. I don't believe in cable magic, but I like strong workmanship from places such as Blue Jeans. Help appreciated.

SAA Equinox, back when I owned 650s. Seems like ages ago. I'll never buy an SAA cable again, down with SAA and their deceptive marketing. Can anyone honestly believe the singular "Equinox" cable is "specifically formulated" for the Grado RS1, Senn HD650, AKG K701, et al? That is just an outright lie and blatantly deceptive marketing like that really turned me off. I don't care how good it sounds, the Equinox cable is snake oil.

^spliced connectors(up until recent i believe), priciest solution that somehow was universally accepted as the best senn cable EVAR... audiophiles are particularly prone to shitty photoshopped pictures, sparse websites, the concept that audio is "art" and obscene prices...no wonder the cable is referenced as the cable of choice in almost all published and online audio review media. especially 6moons...