Asr

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1075439.jpg

Wow, I had no idea who this girl was but it appears she has played with everyone from Santana to Michael Jackson to Steve Vai and she can really play an electric guitar.

Larry, thanks for the great CD and introducing me to music I would probably have never heard on my own.

I hope you enjoy the Nancy Bryan. Looking at your music list I think she will fit in well with your collection.

Her newest album, Believe, is more pop music for the younger generation and not as good. But this album rocks and is usually sold out in the states (she's from Australia).

After opening mine I feel the ones I sent out are quite a bit lacking in comparison. Thanks Ric!

Alessandro Moreschi - The Last Castrato

moreschi.jpg

I never would've known something like this even existed, let alone got it for myself. It contains the only solo recordings in existence of a castrato, made at the Vatican in 1902 and 1904. Very fascinating and unusual stuff.

For All Mankind

51G7IvFNwQL.jpg

Haven't watched it yet, but looks really interesting. I've always been in awe of the space program, especially the Apollo missions, so this should be fun to watch. :)

Mine outgoing are finally on their way. Sorry, again, Jin and Dmitriy, hopefully you'll like them enough. Feel free to post pictures of the packaging, it's 'very me', I'm kind of proud of having found that wrapping paper.

Jin -- open the round one first.

:)

Yay, cool. I get all my gifts for new year so for me it's just in time. :P Hope you like your gift and sampler CDRs as well :)

Go this cool black package from Dusty.

Molly%20Medulla.jpg

Now I got to listen to what was in the package:

s86222.jpg

In the Nursery - Hindle Wakes (2001)

s371890.jpg

Delia Gonzalez & Gavin Russom - The Days of Mars (2005)

Yeah, I'll be curious whether or not you like them -- I definitely did not play it safe. But they're two of my favorite albums from the last 10 years, and they're within your sphere of listenability, so thought it worth the chance.

Jin's -- yours was less of a chance. Hope you like the tin.

Yeah, I really like that wrapping paper -- black, plus it has a vague paganistic flavor to it, though I think it's just supposed to be a reindeer, I thought it pleasantly dark. Got it at Borders two or three years back, went around to as many as I could, I am now set to wrap presents until the end times.