2009 HC Holiday Gift Exchange

Asr

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Priority Mail's six days to Scotland estimate is looking a bit optimistic after two weeks. I wonder if HM Customs are in the mix?

No letter from HMRC. No parcel (well, LOTS of parcels, but not the right one).

Yours has been in the post for a while and it started in the USA.

Got my second CD from Brent. I was going to wait until the official holiday opening gifts day to open both of them but gave in. Ripped 'em both to the Sansa Clip and listened on the flight home for the holidays. Excellent choices Brent - perfect traveling music (whatever that means). Gotta give a spin on a better source and amp. Thanks Brent!

Blessingx's made it into the postal system this afternoon, so it should make it just in the nick of time.
Thanks Fitz. Even if it doesn't, a few friends are celebrating my birthday (also Xmas) a couple days later, so it'll nicely fit in there. Thanks again and looking forward to revealing the mystery.

I had to refer to Wikipedia to look up what instrument the artist is playing. It is called an oud.

I especially like listening to strummed string instruments with a good headphone system. Electrostatics in particular render the picks, plucks and strums very well. The details in the attack and decay of the notes comes through and I can almost think I'm hearing the sound from each individual string during a strum.

Gah, this artist has a large discography.

For the first time in a long while, I have hope that my affliction of horrible taste in music can be cured, or at least somewhat alleviated.

I had to refer to Wikipedia to look up what instrument the artist is playing. It is called an oud.

I especially like listening to strummed string instruments with a good headphone system. Electrostatics in particular render the picks, plucks and strums very well. The details in the attack and decay of the notes comes through and I can almost think I'm hearing the sound from each individual string during a strum.

Gah, this artist has a large discography.

For the first time in a long while, I have hope that my affliction of horrible taste in music can be cured, or at least somewhat alleviated.

Great success! Glad to hear that you like the Brahem and I bet you will learn to like St.Vincent soon enough. I thought you should try an alternative type of female vocalist with a little more wit than your pop diva obsessions of late. ;)

I just received my package from the great white north, thanks Dany! I just couldn't resist a taste so I opened up one of the cd's to give a short preview. Ummm, I am not really familiar with Chechnya folk music

61YvrPwtA7L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

but I am willing to give it a shot, those accordions do kind of have a rhythm.;)

I just received my package from the great white north, thanks Dany! I just couldn't resist a taste so I opened up one of the cd's to give a short preview. Ummm, I am not really familiar with Chechnya folk music

61YvrPwtA7L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

but I am willing to give it a shot, those accordions do kind of have a rhythm.;)

I'd be interested in hearing that :)