2009 HC Holiday Gift Exchange

Asr

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While I was out of the office yesterday, Elephas's package arrived from Taiwan. It seemed awfully bulky in a padded envelope and I wondered if it was a tall stack of CDs. He didn't wait to open his package, so why should I?

Instead of only being a stack of CDs, it was a "Taiwan-style" headphone case with more goodies inside! I love the similar case I already have and use it all the time. I think I got that from an Elephas give-away years ago, which is kind of ironic. Now the HF-1 and HF-2 don't have to fight for rights to the case and each can sit happily in its own. Also inside the case was a baggie of the RCA caps that Michael loves so much, so I can tweak a little Elephas-style. :)

Oh, yeah, the music. I am currently listening to Musik von einem anderen Stern, which is a sampler CD from Manger with very cool recordings from lots of genres and spoken voice in German (one of my favorite sounding languages). Then there are two SACDs, one is the 30th Anniversary Sampler from Opus 3 Records and the other is Master Music's Female Audiophile collection.

Very nice stuff all around, and very generous of you Michael. Thanks! :prettyprincess:

I just received my package from the great white north, thanks Dany! I just couldn't resist a taste so I opened up one of the cd's to give a short preview. Ummm, I am not really familiar with Chechnya folk music

61YvrPwtA7L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

but I am willing to give it a shot, those accordions do kind of have a rhythm.;)

OK buster you call my cat Adolf one more time and you are gona get it....oups....wrong guy, wrong thread....:palm:

I'm so please that you are enjoying the new Amazon.com Christmas service ''Let us choose for you and surprise the Hell of your friends''....:)

Amicalement

Great success! Glad to hear that you like the Brahem and I bet you will learn to like St.Vincent soon enough. I thought you should try an alternative type of female vocalist with a little more wit than your pop diva obsessions of late. ;)

Wow, the Brahem is great and the more I listen the more I like St. Vincent. This is music I wouldn't have known about otherwise.

How is Sherwood already familiar with this obscure stuff? :confused: Oh, well, obscure to me at least.

I am currently listening to Musik von einem anderen Stern, which is a sampler CD from Manger with very cool recordings from lots of genres and spoken voice in German (one of my favorite sounding languages). Then there are two SACDs, one is the 30th Anniversary Sampler from Opus 3 Records and the other is Master Music's Female Audiophile collection.

The Master Music label is popular in East Asia, you can also find them on eBay Hong Kong-based sellers.

Hehe, these are actually some of my favorites. Does this mean I have good taste in music? :D

:useless:

I didn't participate here this year, but I am doing a copy/paste from another forum where I have been around longer because it deserves recognition (the gift I got, that is):

I got an App Store gift card ($25!!! Woohoo! I will buy music), some CD's (can never have enough music), and the BEST part:

img0613z.jpg

img0641lo.jpg

HELL YES! That is so damn awesome! My secret santa drew my sig and slipped each lil orange dude into the box. This is what the box normally looks like:

51UsWYbaQfL._SL500_AA280_PIbundle-6,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_.jpg

Also, for those that don't know, the chocolate spheres literally resemble orange slices when taken apart (pic taken from web, I still haven't cracked any of mine open, waiting for Christmas morning):

chocolate_orange.jpg