Canjam 2010.

Duggeh

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not going to be able to make it after all. there are some shakeups that are going to be happening in my department over the next couple months and everybody who will continue to have a job (a group i am fortunately part of) has been asked to postpone june vacation plans. it's not totally a surprise to me, as other people had already been asked to postpone vacation, but none of the stuff really affects me, so i was hoping i'd be spared. have fun, and smoke and drink on my behalf!

That sucks Jabob!

Jacob, I am bummed! There is no one attending CanJam that I can ask knife sharpening questions while downing a few drams of scotch, please you must remedy this problem.

Damn, team Audio Aero just took a major hit. :(

Why can't you arrive Friday night and return Sunday night? Not as ideal, but come on, it's a once in a lifetime drinking/smoking/listening/drinking/baking and drinking opportunity! 48 hours is all we ask.

And I have been working much and Head-Casing little, but thrice and NightWoundsTime both have to reassess as well. Disturbing trend here, people, disturbing trend. :rant:

Why can't you arrive Friday night and return Sunday night? Not as ideal, but come on, it's a once in a lifetime drinking/smoking/listening/drinking/baking and drinking opportunity! 48 hours is all we ask.

And I have been working much and Head-Casing little, but thrice and NightWoundsTime both have to reassess as well. Disturbing trend here, people, disturbing trend. :rant:

This is what I am doing, pretty much. No taking time off in the first 90 days of employment. Just gotta find a good set of flights now.

Would it be callous to mention

Working Time Directive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia or

Working Conditions - EU

esp.

• a limit to weekly working time, which must not exceed 48 hours on average, including any overtime
  • paid annual leave, of at least four weeks a year

?

The downside however, is that you would have to be French, but those are the breaks.

^^^ This!

you know, assuming i can get a ride to Union station on Monday (i'm going by way of MegaBus),

CTA Blue line will get you from ORD/ Hotel to Clinton (Blue Line) 2 blocks from Union Station. For $2.25

From O'Hare to Union Station

Chicago ORD to Union Station

Newbie to Amtrak - need to get to O'Hare from Union Station - Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum