Briefcases, Bags, and the Murse

The Monkey

Yeah, the 50 seems pretty big. You might like the 40.

Except the 40 doesn't have a laptop compartment (which is what I wanted). I might try the 35 which has a laptop compartment and is smaller. I just don't like that it is vertical which makes things on the bottom hard to access (and I don't have a super long zoom lens).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Super job, Tyll. How cool to have Red Oxx circle around and bite you in the butt like that. My go to travel duo is the Sky Train and Gator. The Gator is a do all, sometimes doubling as camera bag with a Tenba insert. For boating, I load up a Sun Chaser duffel which stows in very little space. Yes, I am a Red Oxx fanboi.

Here's something I found today for all you with school kids: Red Oxx K12 backpack. Looks pretty cool.

I need help -- I now work in a place where I can no longer take elevators everywhere -- this is actually a first for me. So my little roller laptop bag is no longer sufficient -- I need a backpack or a messenger bag that will hold one or two laptops and all my manbag stuff. Any suggestions? My laptop roller bag can best be described as a "double-wide" -- or rather, double-deep.

I also need to figure out a decent way to carry 2 or 3 sixes of beer tea. I used to strap them to the handle of the roller bag, but now I think I need a cooler with an over-the-shoulder carry handle.

I'm thinking one of the more mid-size Red Oxx duffels (read: one step larger than anyone else's usual daily carry), plus something like an Otterbox for the laptop.

EDIT: I could also be convinced of a backpack (for the laptop and associated gear) and a duffelish thing (for the drinks), if someone thinks that combination would work well. I'm afraid of getting two duffels because I'd be tempted to throw them both over the opposite shoulder, and then I'd be afraid someone would come across my decomposing corpse after having strangulated myself.

I put together a spreadsheet of the Red Oxx bags so I could sort on size and price. That little monkey bag...er...I mean, that Kat Pack is pretty high value for the money.

Dusty, If you are going to be carrying the laptop bag a far distance, I would definitely go with a backpack. Your shoulders will thank you later. The Tom Bihn Brain Bag (possibly with brain cells if you feel it is needed) would most likely accomodate everything. I am sure other will recommend Red Oxx stuff but I still like the TB stuff better (having owned both products). I bought the Brain Bag at some point but sent it back because it was too big for me.

Not exactly sure what you are looking for with the beer bottles.

TB0104_08b.jpg

It's not so great a distance, no, it's the occasional flight of stairs in the parking lot. I've actually taken to going the long way around (the way cars go), just so I don't have to lift it up and carry it.

And no, I really mean tea. sad.png I drink about 10 bottles daily, and I make it myself, so have to bring it in on a daily basis. I'm actually eyeing my Red Oxx Gator for that, but that means everything I carry in my Red Oxx Gator needs to go in the knapsack. Or something.

Oh, and get this, I'm actually considering getting a portable second monitor, because I do so much work on VM's, a second monitor will really come in handy. Something like this one, except I didn't realize that one was DisplayPort, and probably something smaller than a 21".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...