kevin gilmore

i'm on a roll... the kgsshv

wink    242

Nice build...   :wub:

Good to see the normal bias socket......

• Like 1

mwl168    214

At long last, I cased my KGSSHV - my first foray into Kevin's Wonderful World of DIY ES Headphone Amps.

Although its glory has been over-shadowed by the HV Carbon and the Grounded Grid alike, the KGSSHV is really a damned fine sounding amp in its own right to my ears especially when set up to run at higher output current. There are many versions of KGSSHV out there starting from the on-board heatsink version that runs around 5mA output current to the later off-board versions. This one runs at a toasty 15mA and raised VAS current and is powered by the same GRHV/GRLV universal PSU I use also for my Carbon, Blue Hawaii and Grounded Grid.

KGSSHV - 3.JPG

KGSSHV - 2.JPG

KGSSHV - 1.JPG

Edited by mwl168
  • Like 10

mwl168    214
1 hour ago, mypasswordis said:

I like your pot-less builds! What are you using as preamp, or does your DAC have preamp function?

I don't use a preamp. My DAC has a digital volume control and it feeds the headphone amps directly.

• Like 1

wink    242

2 hours ago, johnwmclean said:

Did you miss the one sentence essay?

Nice Michael.

16 hours ago, mwl168 said:

Although its glory has been over-shadowed by the HV Carbon and the Grounded Grid alike, the KGSSHV is really a damned fine sounding amp in its own right to my ears especially when set up to run at higher output current.