What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Started out opening up a bottle of 2010 Alamos Malbec. The taste was bad and the smell reminded me of puke... so it was dumped. Now I am having some 2008 Norton Reserva Malbec - about a million times better than the Alamos. Since I am not asian, I thought it would be quite inappropriate to post a shirtless pic though. ;)

Edited by shellylh

Is the oak aged version way different from the regular one? Tried the regular version a week ago and was kinda unimpressed.....it had this reallllly sweet finish too it as if added some brown sugar to it.

I'm not keen on ST in general, but they do make a couple beers I enjoy...Krampus is decent...anyways, I'm a sucker for an oaked IPA & this is very drinkable...the oak makes something ordinary into sonething worth consuming...it still doesn't touch White Oak Jai Alai, though:)...

Now I am having some 2008 Norton Reserva Malbec - about a million times better than the Alamos. Since I am not asian, I thought it would be quite inappropriate to post a shirtless pic though. ;)
(squints)

Sounds like you got a bad bottle. A really bad bottle.

(squints again)

(thinks)

(decides to leave it alone)

I might just take off my shirt for my last night in Berlin at some point. Not on camera of course.

Lunch beers:

web.jpg?ver=13092966950001

Afternoon snack at KaDeWe, Europe's largest department store:

web.jpg?ver=13092967050001

Evening snack beer after tasting some absinthes at the Absinthe Depot down the strasse. Hadn't had a Berliner Pilsner yet, and it is meh like I expected.

95e56a26-1d6a-f6f1.jpg

Edited by Voltron

11c9b92a.jpg

New Glarus Unplugged Imperial Weizen...not thick & syrupy but still manages to deliver twice the goods...

N.G. is one of those breweries that doesn't make a bad beer...had one of their R & D Golden Ales before this...part of one 160bbl batch...had the same beer earlier in the year/thread...was brewed in June of 2009...fun to track a beer's development...

Ooooh, gin and tonic in a can. The perfect travel drink.

We are having a nice bottle of Norton Reserva 2007 Malbec. Very nice.

Agreed and agreed!

Having a Screwdriver with Tito's Handmade Vodka and Simply Orange Juice High Pulp. Takes me back to college (except then I was probably using Tropicana and Stoli).

Agreed and agreed!

Having a Screwdriver with Tito's Handmade Vodka and Simply Orange Juice High Pulp. Takes me back to college (except then I was probably using Tropicana and Stoli).

Does it make Stoli and Tropicana unbearable?

Thanks to college, I avoid vodka most days now.

Edited by manaox2