What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Did a solo expedition today to give the kinder and Claire a break, I ventured out solo to see the Saxon Switzerland National Park with it's high sandstone bridge at the top of a ridge and a Saxon fortress castle ruin built into the top of the ridge itself. Good stuff. I had a Radler half beer half lemonade thing that I did not mean to order at the top of the hill but it was nice anyway.

Tonight we went to see the Historic Green Vault of Augustus the Strong, and all four of us were amazed by it. We had a great Saxon meal of many porks and potatoes along with a couple large Radeberger unfiltered Pilsners, special to the restaurant. I'm having a couple of nightcaps of German liqueurs now. The first was Radeberger Bitter Original Krauterlikor, which was great, and then Withener Gebirgskraute, which is good but not as good. There are a couple others in the hotel bar I mean to try tonight.

Pics updates later. Prost!

Smith and Cross and rocks. i don't know why any reviewers would say that this isn't a sipping rum, because it's very complex and delicious.

It is a sipping rum for "special" people. ;)

Shiner Bock, from a can

Didn't know they made it in a can or exported it.

Having some 2009 Nieto Senetiner Reserva Malbec - not bad.

106924l.jpg

Last night -- alternated between the two La Posta malbecs -- as Jacob predicted, both are excellent. The Angel Paulucci is on the jammier, sweeter, fruitier side -- but still well within my tolerance -- and the Pizzella Family is on the earthier and sometimes spicier side, so of course I prefer the latter.

Did a solo expedition today to give the kinder and Claire a break, I ventured out solo to see the Saxon Switzerland National Park with it's high sandstone bridge at the top of a ridge and a Saxon fortress castle ruin built into the top of the ridge itself. Good stuff. I had a Radler half beer half lemonade thing that I did not mean to order at the top of the hill but it was nice anyway.

Tonight we went to see the Historic Green Vault of Augustus the Strong, and all four of us were amazed by it. We had a great Saxon meal of many porks and potatoes along with a couple large Radeberger unfiltered Pilsners, special to the restaurant. I'm having a couple of nightcaps of German liqueurs now. The first was Radeberger Bitter Original Krauterlikor, which was great, and then Withener Gebirgskraute, which is good but not as good. There are a couple others in the hotel bar I mean to try tonight.

Pics updates later. Prost!

Finally have a wifi connection on my phone and computer so I will update with pics.

We arrived in Prague and immediately were fleeced by a taxi driver who charged us a ridiculous price for a 10 minute drive. Oh well, I hadn't read the guide book on that exact location and issue, and I didn't know the exchange rate even remotely so these things happen.

Had a copule good beers to dull the sting. First a Pilsner Urquell (empty one on the left) and then a dark Kozel Cerny sitting along the river outside our hotel just under the Charles Bridge.

3ed1c0d2-2ce4-fa77.jpg

Tonight with dinner, I had a Beton (concrete) cocktail made with Becherovka and tonic. That was very tasty.

3ed1c0d2-2d94-3102.jpg

Then I had a "half-dark" beer by Staropramen. Also tasty.

3ed1c0d2-2f0c-8df6.jpg

Edited by Voltron

Just got back from a 4.5 hour Segway tour of Prague that I did with Alden and it was a blast, even though it was supposed to be only 3 hours. Ric would have loved it because it was a movie tour of Prague and it featured movie clips on a portable DVD player of many movies filmed in Prague, although more often than not it was supposed to be other European cities: Amadeus, Van Helsing, XXX, Europtrip, Bourne Identity, Mission Impossible, Bad Company, and The Prince and Me. We also stopped in a micro brew pub inside the old monastery, where I had an IPA! and a nice hoppy dark beer. Pics tomorrow, especially if the Czech Internet cooperates.

Colin, I will send you a link because you would enjoy it. The guide was a Brazilian guy named Renee and the woman from the office, Misha, joined us as well. They were great.

I just drained the last of a mini bottle of Becherovka from the minibar and I may just have another.

na zdraví!

Edited by Voltron