slower forum

Knuckledragger

That parrot is the youngest female Solomons Islands Eclectus that I've ever seen. Her beak is just starting to turn black. Normally it's hard for humans to tell the gender of a parrot just by looking at them. However, it's not hard with Eclectus as you can see below:

eclectuspair.jpg

Edited by guzziguy

Is Oscar the macaw from your avatar? What other species do you have? Do they all get along?

When we were looking at birds (it was supposed to be a way to distract the kids while we shopped in the mall - little did I know Lance's courtship display would work so well on my wife, nor that he'd be such fun when we got him home), I was quite taken with a caique, but it was way too expensive. There are a number of parrot breeders in my general area though, so when funds permit I might submit a proposal for a second bird.

zEWDq.jpg

That's the Mercedes T80 streamliner. That's so cool... I believe there's a lot of pressure on M-B to restore it and run it up to full speed just to see what would have happened. It was powered by a 44 liter 3000hp aircraft engine and was projected to hit 750kph (about 470mph) but then something happened in 1940 that put an end to that plan.

For all the environmentalists out there...

0Bomu.jpg