March 11, 201115 yr comment_432889 Hrm... I don't know what the actual sheet music for this looks like, but when I listen to the the Ysaye, I feel like they're rushing through it or in a hurry. It is my personal preference? I used to play piano back in the day and there used to be a fine line between rushing through a piece and being quick. Report
March 11, 201115 yr comment_432910 Santana - Guitar Heaven and Brahms - Requiem Edited March 11, 201115 yr by robm321 Report
March 11, 201115 yr comment_432941 Dark - Dark (1986) Awesome album. Progy jazzy ethno world experimental music with ambient flavor, floating guitar and various cool percussive instruments. Recording engineer Walter Quintus is also on top of his game here. Report
March 11, 201115 yr comment_433025 Enigma - 1996 - Le Roi Est Mort, VIVE Le Roi Yep... bored at work!! Just simple FLAC->foobar->feeding ETY4S Report
March 11, 201115 yr comment_433038 Okay one more - the nice way to wrap up work: Gary Moore - 1990 - Still Got The Blues Report
March 12, 201115 yr comment_433187 Love this album - listen to it all the time David Bowie - Hunky Dory Japan RCA PCD1-4623 i still think this is the best sounding version of this album. Report
March 12, 201115 yr comment_433241 In what's kinda turned into my weekend morning cleaning listen... Report
March 12, 201115 yr comment_433264 "The Seldom Seen Kid" by Elbow Definitely not something that I would normally listen to, but i'm finding the album to be very enjoyable. My favorite track so far is "The Loneliness of a Tower Crane Driver" Report
March 13, 201115 yr comment_433308 I just finished this little gem: Ben Webster & Joe Zawinul - Soulmates And now listening to this Lou Reed - Berlin Funnily enough I've just noticed one of the reasons I like Amanda Palmer Report
March 14, 201115 yr Author comment_433456 This weekend I have been spinning vinyl whenever possible: Bill Evans -- Explorations 45RPM Incredible sound. Seriously. Grachan Moncur III -- Evolution 45RPM Amazing record by somebody I never even heard of before this Music Matters Series. One more reason why they rule over AP. Just look at the lineup on this session! Awesome. Van Morrison -- Moondance 33RPM Hoffman WB remaster. Still reminds me of Steve's national meet talks. Dexter Gordon -- Montmartre Collection Vol. 1 33RPM Black Lion. This one actually belongs to JP but he left it behind by accident. Finders keepers, I always say. Report
March 14, 201115 yr Author comment_433499 Horace Silver Quintet and Trio -- Blowin' the Blues Away AP 45RPM The blues I am presently trying to blow away stem from an argument with my 15 yo daughter regarding her application to a Columbia University summer program after we had just finished a nice dinner. She is supposed to FINALLY be done with the application for this program that was all her idea and I mentioned that we would be looking it over whenever she finished. "That's not fair! I won't show you my personal statement! etc. etc. etc." Oh well, it will probably blow over quickly but it is indicative of how private and detached from us that she wants to be. Sheesh, I am jealous of Mike and his seemingly fantastic relationship with both of his kids. Report
March 14, 201115 yr comment_433506 I was like that with my parents NO ONE READS MY PERSONAL STATEMENT Report
March 14, 201115 yr comment_433519 ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead - Tao of the Dead Report
March 14, 201115 yr comment_433524 Grachan Moncur III -- Evolution 45RPM Amazing record by somebody I never even heard of before this Music Matters Series. One more reason why they rule over AP. Just look at the lineup on this session! Awesome. This album is stunning, one of Blue Note's best. I'm trying to get Joe Harley to add Grachan Moncur III's Some Other Stuff to the MM list Report
March 15, 201115 yr Author comment_433666 This album is stunning, one of Blue Note's best. I'm trying to get Joe Harley to add Grachan Moncur III's Some Other Stuff to the MM list I hope you succeed. Report
March 16, 201115 yr comment_434025 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkIrZxN9pHk Edited March 16, 201115 yr by livewire Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.