April 11, 201115 yr Author comment_440739 ^That is a nice run of 6 albums from Tony Williams on down! Couldn't find the Oscar Peterson on Rhapsody so Jarrett/Peacock/Motian is up next. Report
April 12, 201115 yr comment_441007 Glenn Gould - Beethoven Piano Concerto 1 and Bach Keyboard Concerto 5 Good call ... I will try to listen to this before the end of the week this was on my ARTS station the other day... Glenn Gould Bach Chromatic Fantasy BWV 903 http://youtu.be/qGO0wbRdI4Y Mikey Report
April 12, 201115 yr comment_441025 Brad Mehldau, Art of the Trio vol. 3 Edited April 12, 201115 yr by trevorlane Report
April 12, 201115 yr comment_441060 Panda Bear | Tomboy | MOG Edited April 12, 201115 yr by blessingx Report
April 12, 201115 yr comment_441063 Alison Krauss & Union Station - Paper Airplane Grabbed my copy at lunch ($9.99 at Best Buy), have already listened to it twice. Not really what I was expecting, admittedly. Similar atmosphere to Raising Sand - it has that otherworldly steeped-in-time quality in a place away from the rest of the world. No fast numbers either - overall a slower, dreamy, & intimate vibe throughout, kinda similar to Forget About It, but with more of a surreal quality. Still a really good album though, the atmosphere is killer. And of course Alison's voice just enhances the whole thing too. Awesome stuff! They're performing on Letterman tomorrow night (4/13) btw. And they're also on tour this year! The tour info is up over at alisonkrauss.com. Edited April 12, 201115 yr by Asr Report
April 12, 201115 yr comment_441077 One gift from a good friend of mine, received more than a week ago, John Scofield Trio Live EnRoute. After that, all this CDs are in heavy rotation. The spirit also! Report
April 13, 201115 yr comment_441106 Within Temptation - The Unforgiving. I know a number of you recently got this album, thoughts? There are several songs on here I really enjoy. Report
April 13, 201115 yr Author comment_441109 Alison Krauss & Union Station - Paper Airplane This one earlier. Pretty good but I was working and not paying close attention. And Mario, whisky and jazz should always be in heavy rotation! Edited April 13, 201115 yr by Voltron Report
April 13, 201115 yr comment_441129 Within Temptation - The Unforgiving. I know a number of you recently got this album, thoughts? There are several songs on here I really enjoy.My only complaint is that it doesn't flow like a concept album -- if I didn't already know it was a concept album, I wouldn't pick up that it's a concept album. And by that, I mean the breaks between the songs, that's all. I'm sure I'll get over it, there are several songs that are already stuck in my head. Report
April 13, 201115 yr comment_441132 vinyl it's been far too long since i last listened to my system. Report
April 13, 201115 yr comment_441188 The Decemberists - The King is Dead - MOG - I love these guys. Report
April 13, 201115 yr Author comment_441210 Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god, a new FEELIES record!!! The Feelies -- Here Before Dinny! It's here! Report
April 14, 201115 yr comment_441324 Debussy + Parasound has synergy I have not listened to that version in a while .. how do you like it? Mikey Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.