And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Got a dental implant today because i cracked a molar all the way down the root and had too much bone loss and chronic infection over time. Same thing happened to the opposite molar in 2009 (developmental defect or something). The extraction and bone graft was 8 weeks ago, and I still have to wait another 6 weeks to heal before I will be fitted for the crown. It doesn't hurt nearly as bad as the previous one, but the wallet is suffering a permanent hurt.

Edited by HeadphoneAddict

Got diagnosed with Bilateral Conjunctivitis. Yay! (NOT) , and just when I thought I was coming to the end of a delightful cold that seems to have been doing the rounds.

Oh well, the doctor has told me work from home tomorrow, given its contagious nature. Antibotic eyedrops , and some additional antibiotics ( a 'Z'-pack ) for possible ear infection.

At least I can still enjoy my Ice Cream.

Got a dental implant today because i cracked a molar all the way down the root and had too much bone loss and chronic infection over time. Same thing happened to the opposite molar in 2009 (developmental defect or something). The extraction and bone graft was 8 weeks ago, and I still have to wait another 6 weeks to heal before I will be fitted for the crown. It doesn't hurt nearly as bad as the previous one, but the wallet is suffering a permanent hurt.
Can I say it? I'm a-gonna say it...

Sorry about your wallet!

...and, of course, the regular kind of pain, too.

Got diagnosed with Bilateral Conjunctivitis. Yay! (NOT) , and just when I thought I was coming to the end of a delightful cold that seems to have been doing the rounds.

Oh well, the doctor has told me work from home tomorrow, given its contagious nature. Antibotic eyedrops , and some additional antibiotics ( a 'Z'-pack ) for possible ear infection.

At least I can still enjoy my Ice Cream.

Hopefully it's not adenovirus which is contagious for weeks. Ice cream, yum - I thought you only get that after having your tonsils removed.

I like to mix in a little goat with my puppy drinks

79041500.ssdQdr3z.7479editweb.jpg

Oddly enough, the menu at a new restaurant had a goat dish and I felt like I had to have it. Very tasty goat shank and loin chops with middle eastern spices and black garbanzo beans. Really nice. No puppies, however.

Dang, what is with all the illness that is befalling here? I had a doctor's appointment earlier in the week (not for the flu, though I did talk about it) and it was decided I need to wear my wrist/thumb splint on my left hand indefinitely due to tendinitis. Apparently, it's not severe enough or hasn't gone on long enough to justify exploring more invasive options (e.g., cortisone shot, surgery).

Well, eventually the goal is to complete a microcontroller board build for a PIC18F4550 chip which contains various I/O devices like switches, 7 segment LED displays, and a rotary encoder, and maybe hook it up to this ARM7 LPC2368 to program to do my bidding (so, potentially could end up in future amps or DACs or whatnot, kind of like amb/linuxwork's arduino thing). It can also just be standalone. The ARM is much more advanced than the PIC, especially in the interrupts, and has lots of features like PWM, I^2S and I^2C interfaces, etc, but that makes it more of a pain in the ass to program. Right now I'm trying to get it to do basic things like add with carry, push and pop data from a virtual stack, define macros, etc, but found out that modifying and stepping through the code takes a bunch of unnecessary and ridiculous steps every time. It's going to be a long night.

He's building a girl, in his basement.

^ At least something that can blow me every once in awhile, I guess.

Edited by mypasswordis

My wife, a 20 year school teacher, just got pink slipped. First time for us.

The district pink slipped all teachers of electives, or 43% of all teachers. Though tenured with substantial seniority, she won't meet the requirements for teaching core classes, meaning that she is effectively unemployed at the end of the school year. Unless this is a political ploy and some electives are restored, she'll be job hunting. At her income level she is not likely to find employment as an educator here in Michigan.

Not a complete surprise but not pleasant either angry.gif