And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I'm viewing the screen through dollar store reading glasses, so this is going to short and sweet rage-filled.

Thursday: Worked on a film shoot. Slept maybe 4 hours.

Friday: Woke up too early. Worked on film shoot. Did radio show.

Saturday: Woke up too early, drove to EHo, met Daniel & Adam. Drove with them to Marlborough, MA. Did lights at a rave that went until 6AM. Broke down gear, drove back to EHo. Got paid for above work, drove home. Slept from 1PM until 5PM. Woke up, worked on film shoot from 7PM until 2:30AM. During the shoot, I am surrounded by people complaining of being sick, having been sick, and coughing and sneezing.

Today: Woke up, realized I hadn't seen my glasses since Saturday's rave. Tore apart my kitchen and bedroom looking for them. Called Daniel and asked if they were in his truck or apartment. No to both. Went out on what turned into a marathon and hellacious shopping trip. First the Dollar Store where I spent half an hour trying on different reading glasses. They come in values from +1 to +3. I selected two pairs of +1.5s and one pair of +1.75s. Here at home, +1.75 seems better. Went to Stoop & Poop, bought a few items on my list. Drove to Trader Joe's. Shut car door behind me, noticed there was no beep. Realize I've locked my keys in the car. Fuck. Call Mum and advise her of the situation, ask her to drive to my house and get spare set of keys. Go shopping in TJs. Buy a shit-ton of groceries, including OJ and some echinacea drink. Go outside. It takes mum over an hour from the time I called to show up, because three different roads in Amherst are closed due to flooding. After 40 minutes of waiting, I walk next door to get a coffee. When I walk back, mum is there wondering where I am. She gives me the key, and I thank her. In the car, I jack the heat and keep it running for 5 or so minutes until I thaw a bit. I'm sure I'm going to be sick for a month. Leave TJs and go to Walmart. Get vitamin C, Airborne (which I forgot to get @ TJs) and a few other health-related items. Leave WM and go home.

Here I sit wearing bloody uncomfortable and under-effective Dollar Store reading glasses. I still have no idea where my real glasses are. A new pair will set me back a good $475 (and that's with the "cheap" $90 frames) and take two weeks to get here. I have a several different nightlife asshats that are demanding asking me for photos. One wants them for free, and the other knows he has to pay but has managed to stall doing so for a month. I've consumed a nearly-lethal dose of immune-related products. I still feel cold. I'd light the stove, but there is no wood and I'm not going out to get any. Right now I am perfectly capable of kicking an entire litter of puppies.

Well the first half of my crazy week has went pretty well. Interview in Chicago on Friday was great, just took the train in and talked to three different women for about 2 hours. More discussion-based than formality, which I prefer. Should hear back this week (I hope). Stayed at Allison's until Sunday morning and then drove back to Peoria. Rocked my exam last night and my exam this morning. Interview here at Bradley with Caterpillar went fairly well, albeit much shorter and more standard which is fine. Should hear back on that one tomorrow.

Added another phone screening/interview for tomorrow at noon. Economics exam at 2 p.m. that I'm a little concerned about. One last exam Thursday afternoon that is going to be easy as hell, then I leave immediately from Peoria back home. Wake up early on Friday and drive back up to Chicago for an all-day second interview with a consulting company.

My goal is to grab multiple job offers before April.

Edited by Aura

cool. Another neat little platform is the NXP mbed:

The name makes sense, it's a nice form factor for embedded systems. :) May try my hand at the crazy SMT stuff later on, when I have more time, patience, and skill. I stuffed your digital volume control board okay (at least I think I did) but this is an order of magnitude more difficult and I don't even have any tools for that kind of work. Right now my hands are full just trying to program the damn thing, especially learning the interrupt controller and implementing the various onboard features.