And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

What fun.....sorry to hear of the comings and goings Jacob, but I think sometimes companies get short-sighted. Nothing against the other gent, but often times you get what you paid for. Seen it a LOT at my last company......supposedly saving money ended up costing a bunch more in the end.

In any case, it may have been worse than it's worth.

Haj, hope Libby is better and you and wife are well-rested....

Today, I found out that Karma sometimes works. One of the Project Managers at my old company, who is technically very good but WAY too power-hungry, biased, & controlling, finally had it come back to her. Her project is now going to be almost a year late, and my old colleague told me today she is leaving the company (one of those "for other opportunities" type announcements). In his words: "[the project] is now delayed until November, and her head is rolling."

Also found out that two more people gave notice there, leaving a drastic experience gap as they get even more Karma on them for laying off a bunch of good folks to try outsourcing. It's going to be fun watching them try to support the business the next few months.

Gee, does it sound like I'm bitter? :P (far too long seeing great people treated like crap will do that to you)

Haha I do randomly dance (sometimes seated, just moving my arms and the like) quite a bit when listening to music, too. Even if dancing doesn't really fit in at all. I do the Thom Yorke weird nodding/dancing thing when I listen to Radiohead, etc. Not sure about the A Perfect Circle Dance, gonna look that one up now.

Also, this is random.

Also, I've been working more on programming in assembly. It sucks. Especially since I still can't quite figure out how to bootload the hex file into the memory on the chip. Long night once again...

Edit:

lol

Edited by mypasswordis

Sorry about the job Jacob; yeah it sounds like it may not have ended up being ideal regardless.

I'm having a hell of a time now. Basically, I spent the last 2 months trying to land some sort of back up job offer (like sales or management training programs) that would give me some peace of mind while trying to find something I'm truly interested in (business process consulting).

Bad idea. I've gotten a handful of calls and interviews as I've been reporting here, but more and more I'm coming to realize that if it's not really what I want then my passion and motivation just sort of dies when I get to the interview (or soon afterwards). I feel like it's time to take a step back and redirect myself.

I'm still hoping to hear something from my Accenture referral, since they are generalist consulting and that's fairly close to what I'd like. My cousin, a field director at northwestern mutual, called me last night and wants to put me on his new team of interns. This might actually be a smart move since their intern program is highly-regarded and it would allow me additional months to keep networking with consulting firms.

I guess we'll see.

Sorry about the job, Jacob. Sounds like you're better off where you are now, anyway, huh? You must be well connected to know all the salaries. that stuff is usually verboten.

Bryan, good luck with the continuing hunt. Sounds like you have some nice opportunities lined up already. pretty good in this economy! Keep us informed!

Me: San Diego Zoo yesterday. Huge! Today we pack up and drive to Joshua Tree.

Edited by jvlgato

I hit the jackpot yesterday. Went to the local Whole Foods. Wednesday is when the weekly beer shipment comes in and so is the day to check to see if they got any Russian River beer, as it won't last long. I able to get 1 bottle each of:

Pliny the Elder

Supplication

Salvation

This is nice but what made it a jackpot is that they had large bottles of Lips of Faith "La Folie" and "Sahti". I bought 4 bottles of the former and 1 bottle of the latter. I haven't tried Sahti yet. "La Folie" is superb and in the same league as Supplication and Consecration at 1/2 the price. My taste buds are very happy. :D

Had to take the hubby to see the doctor. He had chills last night and a fever of 103 this morning (along with redness in the eye and some red marks on his face that appeared on Monday). The fever scared me because it seemed kind of high (at least for an adult). His fever has broken and he seems to be doing better now. The doctor just said it is probably due to a virus and he should rest and drink fluids and take fever reducing medicine ... of course.