And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Replaced the bulb in my sony 3-lcd projection HD TV. Surprisingly easy and there's even full instructions on how to do it in the manual. When I bought the TV 4yrs ago they told me to buy an extended warranty because replacing the bulb would cost $500. The bulb (OEM Sony replacement) cost $125 shipped and it took all of 15 minutes to install and required no tools.

[edit]When I bought the TV 4yrs ago they told me to buy an extended warranty because replacing the bulb would cost $500.

Sony probably used the ALO billing matrix at that time.

Edited by Augsburger

yeah but you're mr diy. if I had tried to do it I would have cracked my house's foundation somehow.

Honestly, it was about as hard as plugging in a power cord.

Sony probably used the ALO billing matrix at that time.

It was the retailer pushing it not Sony. Unsurprisingly the retailer is now out of business.

Replaced the bulb in my sony 3-lcd projection HD TV. Surprisingly easy and there's even full instructions on how to do it in the manual. When I bought the TV 4yrs ago they told me to buy an extended warranty because replacing the bulb would cost $500. The bulb (OEM Sony replacement) cost $125 shipped and it took all of 15 minutes to install and required no tools.

I'm glad to hear thiis. I have the same TV, and have a replacement bulb on the shelf ready to go. I am certain that the bulb will die at precisely the moment helll freezes over, ie, the moment a Cleveland sports team wins a championship.

So it'll never blow?

Perhaps not. I just looked it up, and it's going on 7 years now on the original bulb. The last Cleveland sports championship was in 1964, one year before I was born, so there hasn't been a cnampionship in my lifetime. Do the math ... my age, plus one, that pretty much adds up to infinity. :P

Plus, the bulbs in my model year were known to blow really quickly. My Tv bulb should be in the news, like the guy who's driven his car for a million miles,

Edited by jvlgato

Was going nuts this past week trying to figure out what was wrong with my wireless adapter on my netbook. Finally decided to system restore before installing SP1 which is the one major thing I remember doing before shit stopped working, and now it's finally working again. Should probably follow my dad's advice and just never install any updates. Anyone know how to fix the problem of blank/black screen after turning on from sleep? Happens almost 50% of the time, using Win 7 Enterprise.

Edit: Guess I should've posted this in the computer help forum... oops

Edited by mypasswordis