And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

here's ten cents, go buy yourself a real computer.

I would buy an iMac but the vendor at my wife's work says it will take at least a month. :rant:

Oh and good luck on the counter offer Ken though I will hate to see you move.

Edited by Augsburger

Grill photos please. This afternoon set up my new amp. ;)a6cd8858-79a1-73a0.jpg

Home opener for the world champion San Francisco Giants!

I like both of these posts!

I had my first PhD student pass her thesis defense day. A day to celebrate (especially since she has a tenure-track job)!

Edited by shellylh

Stuck it out until the Giants won in the 12th inning. Go Giants!

Way to go Al. That was one long game...took enough perseverance to muddle through the whole thing on TV...it really became a foul-ball fest after the 8th or so. It looked like a glorious day at the ballpark, and a world away from the twenty degree temps and on-again, off-again snow here today.

My teacher told me he used to think I was an arrogant dick but now I am shy and he wants me to go back to my old self but with the progress I've made to improve my playing so I've been more outgoing and assholeish lately. Seems to be working well.

That's his way of saying that you're an annoying fuck no matter how you slice the cards. Glad to know that you're not the only one who has ever heard such a personality critique.

Boy's weekend, wife is meeting her two sisters in CT for the night.

Watched my son's first soccer game of the season, they won 3-1. He had an assist, a nice pass up the middle, for one of the goals. They should have a decent team this spring.

Later, it's off to shop for headsets for his XBox 360, going to go with the stereo in-line with the L/R audio in most likely....Turtle Beach or the like. Oh, and maybe a new toy for his dad, too ;)

Anyone know how long it takes them to ship a BMW across the country?

uh......

I'm waiting for girl-weekend (okay, one gay guy is coming along) to start. Four of my childhood friends should be here later this evening, all of whom I've known and loved for at least 40 years despite being crazy, or maybe because of it. Looking forward to laughing a lot.

Congrats Shelly!

Is this your first Ph.D. student?

What's their thesis concerning?

Yep, my first. Her thesis is on "The (n)-Solvable Filtration of the Link Concordance group and Milnor's Mu-Invariants," in other words, math stuffs and yes, will certainly prove the existence of infinite moar bass with moar bigger cables. ;)

Pretty much... luckily I don't care what other people think of me as long as it helps with my playing. :)

No, you should just say, "Luckily, I don't care what other people think of me."

Period. Full stop. Ok, so maybe you kind of, sort of, care. You care in the sense that it's human nature to want to fit in and be liked, etc. But at the end of the day, you just need to be Ok with yourself, and you seem to be.