And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Today:

1) Inked paperwork on a job at Apple. It feels like getting a job waiting tables while auditioning for my "big break", but it should be fun enough.

2) Inked the paperwork on a 2 month Turkish immersion program this summer in Wisconsin. You speak, read and listen to nothing but Turkish for 8 weeks, save Friday nights. That should be tons of fun, even though I'll not be able to participate here at all for two months.

I was test flying my mcx tandem rescue rc helicopter in the living room, when I hit the wrong switch on my remote. It launched into the ceiling, then the battery popped out, and went somewhere separate from the rest of the helicopter. So now I need to find the battery, and/or buy more.

Today:

1) Inked paperwork on a job at Apple. It feels like getting a job waiting tables while auditioning for my "big break", but it should be fun enough.

2) Inked the paperwork on a 2 month Turkish immersion program this summer in Wisconsin. You speak, read and listen to nothing but Turkish for 8 weeks, save Friday nights. That should be tons of fun, even though I'll not be able to participate here at all for two months.

1. Congrats

2. Saçmalık! But seriously, sounds interesting if a bit reclusive.

Today:

Awesome!

I spent 2.5 hours with the hubby today at the eye doctor (we were lucky to get an appointment at all before the weekend) and the eye doctor is pretty sure he has shingles and not just a normal viral infection... so I guess I don't have to invest in any silver daggers. It is good to have a little closure. Hopefully starting on the anti-viral meds will keep him from having any permanent damage to the eye (the shingles seemed to have not affected the actual eye yet, just the area around it). Phew.

Congrats on the job. Nothing wrong with waiting tables once in awhile.

Turkish immersion sounds very cool. I'm surprised it's in Wisconsin - is there a big Turkish population there?

I doubt Wisconsin as a whole has much of a Turkish expat population, but the University of Madison Wisconsin has an Arabic, Persian and Turkish summer program that brings in faculty from around the country. I always heard good things about Madison when I lived in Boulder, CO, so I decided to give it a shot.

1. Congrats

2. Saçmalık! But seriously, sounds interesting if a bit reclusive.

Thanks, Sir. It should be both interesting and reclusive, though I imagine I'll get to know a small handful of people very, very well. Hopefully afterward I won't have to look up words like "saçmalık" :) I thought it had something to do with hair.

Awesome!

I spent 2.5 hours with the hubby today at the eye doctor (we were lucky to get an appointment at all before the weekend) and the eye doctor is pretty sure he has shingles and not just a normal viral infection... so I guess I don't have to invest in any silver daggers. It is good to have a little closure. Hopefully starting on the anti-viral meds will keep him from having any permanent damage to the eye (the shingles seemed to have not affected the actual eye yet, just the area around it). Phew.

Best of luck for your beau, Shelly. Keep in mind that silver cutlery can serve as an ample substitute for staves and stakes in a pinch.

Just catching up on this thread. I, too, am sorry about the job, Jacob. At least you found out that it involved a low salary and things to do that you don't like.

Congrats to Dusty.

As for me, I went to work, bought a sweater, and am now wishing I was tired enough to sleep as I'm leaving for NY at 5AM tomorrow, returning tomorrow night at midnight. It's going to be a long day.

Wretched night of insomnia followed by being woken up too early by my mother followed by a very rare bout of me SCREAMING at her. I feel kinda bad now, but I am utterly irrational when sleep deprived. I had to scuttle a gig today because of this mess. :palm:

Also, I am guilty of posting in this thread and never reading it. Maybe we need a Head Case Confessional.