And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

My best friend from high school popped up out the blue. I got a Smugmug message from him. He passed though town on other business and we spent a few hours monopolizing a table at the Southport. I had kind of forgotten that it was from him that I got my, ahem, sense of humor. (although he claims it was the other way around). 

Which made me realize that it's been way too long since I've even lurked here. So I'm posting and promising to do better 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

In the same boat as Carl.  Haven’t been spending enough time here - miss y’all.  Classes are over though and my life is calming down so I’ll be around more. 

In the meantime I’m trying to fly to Colorado but evidently our new plane (the one we supposed to be on had some mechanical issues) had too much fuel and they had to defuel, getting rid of 5600 gallons of fuel!?  WTF?   Anyways, just spend the last three hours on the plane waiting to de-fuel.  We’re finally taking off.  Thanks United. 

• Sad 6

Made final preparations for Thursday's trip to Spokane for Lance's graduation.  Just found out that Lance was accepted to the Cedars Sinai EMT program starting this summer. Lance also mountain bike rides and is a rock climber so for you HCers

traveling out here to mountain bike Lance will be qualified to stitch you up, apply a tourniquet to your stumps or identify what is left of you after a mountain lion has you for lunch.

Cheers!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Augsburger said:

Made final preparations for Thursday's trip to Spokane for Lance's graduation.  Just found out that Lance was accepted to the Cedars Sinai EMT program starting this summer. Lance also mountain bike rides and is a rock climber so for you HCers

traveling out here to mountain bike Lance will be qualified to stitch you up, apply a tourniquet to your stumps or identify what is left of you after a mountain lion has you for lunch.

Cheers!

So Brent probably won’t be okay?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Flew to McAllen Tx this morning to pickup a new car for the wife. As they were working on the paper work there was a new recall issued for the vehicle which put a stop sale on it. Took all day, but they were finally able to find out it was for the front seatbelts of vehicles made during a 15 day period in April. They are still waiting for the bulletin that tells them what the fix is so they can release the car. Could be tomorrow, could be a week. 😡. Hopping I can move this picture to the Mindless Consumerism thread tomorrow. 

100% Brent’s fault. 

IMG_3929.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 5

1 hour ago, Augsburger said:

Cheers!

Awesome that he was accepted!  So if you fence with him and lose, he won't let you bleed out?!?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Augsburger said:

Cheers!

Congrat to Lance and another to you!

Wanted to let you know my buddy created https://medictests.com/ and it's a great resource for EMTs and whatnot. Prolly worth checking out.

Xavier is healing from his ACL surgery, but he's gotten hardcore into rock climbing, and also digs MTBing, so... services may be needed.

• Like 6

Day two and no fix for recall. Booked flight to fly out tonight. Plane hit a bird on landing. No flight out tomorrow, so booked for Friday. Maybe there will be a fix tomorrow 🙄

Definitely Brent’s fault. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Angry 1

Well at least there are so many fun things to do in McAllen...

Be a dope mule and cross the border into Nuevo Progresso, have some really shitty TexMex food, visit the Paris Bubblegum Factory.

If you have time to kill, South Padre Island is a nice beach.

My oldest Brother was born in McAllen, and my Mom was born and raised in nearby Pharr, TX.

Still have relatives in the area. 

14 minutes ago, swt61 said:

Well at least there are so many fun things to do in McAllen...

Be a dope mule and cross the border into Nuevo Progresso, have some really shitty TexMex food, visit the Paris Bubblegum Factory.

If you have time to kill, South Padre Island is a nice beach.

My oldest Brother was born in McAllen, and my Mom was born and raised in nearby Pharr, TX.

Still have relatives in the area. 

I’ve actually been having some really good food here, no TexMex. There is considerable cross boarder money(legitimate) that they need to cater to the ones that want authentic food from home. I might schedule a visit with a real-estate agent tomorrow 😂. Had this amazing shrimp ceviche and tostada for lunch today. Last night it was foie gras and morel chateaubriand. 

IMG_3931.jpeg

Edited by naamanf
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, naamanf said:

Day two and no fix for recall. Booked flight to fly out tonight. Plane hit a bird on landing. No flight out tomorrow, so booked for Friday. Maybe there will be a fix tomorrow 🙄

Definitely Brent’s fault. 

IMG_9203.jpeg

Even went for the 3rd best biscuit in Seattle for you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

First weekend up in our Maine Condo, nice to be up here.  As always, set up the stereo (all-in-one with Orchard Pecan Pi + board and Purifi amp modules -> Kaya S12 speakers).  This is the second all-in-one like this I modded, did a cleaner job on the back of this one....no panel scratches.

Also a lovely picture of Nubble Lighthouse in York Maine with the Northern Lights; not my pic.  But one of Karen and my favorite places!

Maine System.jpg

PM Mk2 Back.jpg

Nubble Norhtern Lights.jpg

• Like 12

Not today, but yesterday...got into an argument with the bassist of one of my favourite bands about who the bad guy is in the Israel / Hamas war in Gaza.  I made my usual statement of, "I stand with Israel", and he got all ham-fisted and said he wouldn't want to know someone who supports genocide.  I told him I remained a fan of his music, but to block me.

I should have called him an anti-Semite, but that's what everyone else does, so I didn't.  :rolleyes:

On 5/12/2024 at 9:35 PM, Dusty Chalk said:

Not today, but yesterday...got into an argument with the bassist of one of my favourite bands about who the bad guy is in the Israel / Hamas war in Gaza.  I made my usual statement of, "I stand with Israel", and he got all ham-fisted and said he wouldn't want to know someone who supports genocide.  I told him I remained a fan of his music, but to block me.

I should have called him an anti-Semite, but that's what everyone else does, so I didn't.  :rolleyes:

No winning move there anymore. No logic, just name calling.

There's a lot of things wrong on both sides. You can only hope

someday that everybody decides to get along. But people hold

on to grudges. 160 years after the Civil War and people who hear 

me talk call me a damn Yankee. Welcome to human nature.

• Like 1