And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Woke up at 3.30am and couldn't get back to sleep. FInally started to doze off around 6am when an alarm on iPod dock thingie in the nursery started going off - it appears one of our cats had stepped on it during the day. This obviously woke up my daughter. facepalm.png Finally got her back to sleeping now. We'll see how long she'll stay asleep. Damn cats.

I saw you on at around 3:30 Haj, was up myself at that time! I was able to get back down until almost 8:30, though. Good luck to you (and family) today.

Miguel: congrats on 20!

I'm also doing some work today, not for straight $ but will get some comp time.....thankfully won;t be for 3 days. Hope you get some breathing time Nate.

Learned today that my daughter got into Florida State University Law School which was her first choice. She also got into American University but it's 3 times the price and ranked 1 place lower than FSU. A very happy day for us!

Congrats Mike, that's truly great news.

Both my son and daughter-in-law went to American University Washington College of Law.

Both obtained quality positions immediately after graduation.

There are certain advantages in going to a top tier law school, and your daughter will do as well or better.

I'd advise you start start saving now for the Kaplan BAR review course that she's sure to ask for upon graudation - another $3K on top of what you're already spending; but well worth the investment.

BTW- sitting for the BAR in NY is de-rigueur for graduates of top schools.

If you can make it there, you can make it anywhere.

Edited by teufelshunde

Congrats to Mike's daughter, Mike and Miguel.

Sorrys to Steve and Nate.

^ This. Couldn't say it any better.

I ended up going in to work today to meet with a couple of patients and a parent who flew in from out of town. Had to basically clean up a fired staff member's mess. Ugly stuff, but mission accomplished. At least I got out in time to enjoy the stunningly beautiful day. I took my bicycle around town, had some lunch on the Avenue, and am now contemplating a nap. Not bad.

Congrats Miguel.

As for me, put in 9+ at the office, working from home now with the hope that 2 long days today and tomorrow will mean Monday off. About half-way done at 30 pages and by late tomorrow I'll be stuck waiting on information from two other evaluators that should have been transmitted Friday. :nate:

I saw you on at around 3:30 Haj, was up myself at that time! I was able to get back down until almost 8:30, though. Good luck to you (and family) today.

Thankfully, Libby stayed asleep for almost 2 more hours. Which was bit surprising to me since she's not good at sleeping for a long time - like father, like daughter, I suppose.

We actually had a nice day yesterday as my in-laws came for a visit and Libby always loves seeing them.

Congrat Chris & Meaghan on 5 years, and Miguel & Mrs. Arroyo on the big 2-0!

Sorry for the workload Nate, and and lack of sleep Haj. The one has been causing the other for me these days. I am heading to the office soon, and will be there are all of Presidents Day. :palm:

Very nice, congrats!....environmental law, huh? You mean lawyers can actually do NICE things? laugh.png (Sorry Al and Dinny)

She isn't really interested in practicing law. She is more interested in policy and hopes to work on the Hill after law school, at least to start. Of course, I wanted to be a Special Agent in the FBI when I graduated and instead I'm representing insurance companies.

It seems like Brittnie was just getting into college, so how can she be going to law school next year?! Big congrat to each of you, Mike.

As for you, Todd, yes lawyers can be forces of good in the world, however few and far between. Sadly, I went to BC Law because of its environmental law focus, and even became the Editor in Chief of the BC Environmental Affairs Law Review, and then never practiced in that area of the law. My conservationist mother in law still resents my choice to earn money instead of saving the planet, but there were no law jobs where I could do both. Oh well, at least I am protecting the rest of the telecommunications industry from Imperial Apple. Or, as VPI put it the other day, protecting your right to own a nerd phone. dotu.gif