And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I like Jane Monheit more than Diana Krall. Both lovely and talented, but Krall was just marketed too much, and I got a bit tired of it. "Taking A Chance On Love" is one of my all-time favorites for music selection and Monheit's versions of the songs.....a real joy for any mood IMO

Would lvoe to see her live some day as well, will see if I can make her May show in Boston area.....

Jane was very good. I got to hear her do Somewhere Over the Rainbow which was all I needed to hear. Gail even enjoyed it, which surprised me. Sorry to disappoint but she is married to the drummer, has a kid and needs to drop a few but her voice is pretty amazing. She was also pretty entertaining between songs, a funny lady.

I still have an image in my head of when she first debuted. Oh well, would still like to hear her live some time for her voice. And regarding Somewhere Over The Rainbow, I really like that CD in which she includes herself singing that when she was a little kid. Pretty gutsy.

Jane was very good. I got to hear her do Somewhere Over the Rainbow which was all I needed to hear. Gail even enjoyed it, which surprised me. Sorry to disappoint but she is married to the drummer, has a kid and needs to drop a few but her voice is pretty amazing. She was also pretty entertaining between songs, a funny lady.

Claire and I are going to see her soon. Glad you enjoyed it Mike.

Was just at Staples, spending money in order to use 3 coupons that I could combine....

Ovrheard a conversation between a nice young couple and the salesrep, which seemed to be stalling. It involved them wanting to hook up his iPhone to his TV and/or stereo. The salesrep was showing him speaker docks (now, this stupidity given, almost every other rep I've dealt with at this particular store has been great, technically and personally).

So I decide to interject, and quickly realize they are looking for a docking station of sorts, or at least an LOD cable.

The couple was extremely nice, so I ended up offering them my dock that I was going to give away here. They stopped by a little while ago, we had a nice chat on the unit and our kitchen remodel (they want to do some work on theirs), and I really felt great after all was done. Love these little "pay it forward" surprises when the moment strikes.

Now, i go to work on my son's PC; won't boot up after we moved it out of his room.

Edited by skullguise

Lucky you! I've love to see her some day.

Tour of the Great Lakes Distillery in Milwaukee.

Then a day and overnight at the Kohler American Club and dinner at the Immigrant Room while the kids and dogs are at the grandparents! Late Valentines Day gift. :)

Nice! Thinking of taking a North Shore distillery tour next time I'm in the Chicago area for a few days.

Not technically what I did today, but more what happened.

Had a similar situation around the holidays. This shelter owner was so sure we were the right people and sold us on this wonderful dog. Then when we sent some photos of our back yard, she tells us that no, it's just not big enough and he likes to run and run. Really disappointing. I'm still hoping Max (the dog) is happy wherever he is today.

Good luck, Salty. There will be another dog and it will work out for you!

Went to the ballet and saw three short programs, seemingly with underwear as the theme. In the first, the women and men were wearing teddies, complete with little clear shoulder straps. Jack White composed the score. The second was a world premier Marc Morris ballet with male dancers only. Isaac Mizrahi did the unitard costumes and single panel of decoration, both of which were pink camouflage. The aging queens with opera glasses really enjoyed that one. The last was like Fruit of the Loom matching t-shirts and briefs with contrast waistbands, armbands and neckbands. All of the dancing was nice and I didn't even fall asleep once.

Very cool, Fitz! Those 5 flyers were for the zombie just over that dude's shoulder, right?

**BRENT**

Heh, sure, that's what I was actually aiming at. I don't really know what happened with that one way off to the right tbh.

Nice, Fitz. I guess you weren't around during the Head-Case shooting event at DanJam?

Thanks, and yeah I wasn't with that group.

Met up briefly with Nate to deliver something he bought from me....about a year ago kitty.jpg Each of us forgot it, or then just had a lot of trouble getting schedules aligned.

Then ended up working on a new machine for my son, the old one had motherboard and optical drive issues. New one is spiffy, he'll be a happy minecraft camper.

Finally, took back the DLo Homedock HD, sadly neither I nor the nice couple I gave it to realized it doesn't work with the iPhone....

Cleaned up a bit of the yard and stuff on the patio. It was a nice day here about 62 and sunny. Little bit at a time, but got to eventually clear out all the plants along the fence line to prepare for a new fence long overdue. Trash men are not going to like me on Tuesday...

Met up briefly with Nate to deliver something he bought from me....about a year ago kitty.jpg Each of us forgot it, or then just had a lot of trouble getting schedules aligned.

Then ended up working on a new machine for my son, the old one had motherboard and optical drive issues. New one is spiffy, he'll be a happy minecraft camper.

Finally, took back the DLo Homedock HD, sadly neither I nor the nice couple I gave it to realized it doesn't work with the iPhone....

I'm pretty sure my DLO Homedock HD works with my iPhone 4S, at least as an audio dock only, because I was using it today for the line out (not hooked to a TV but using an amp). It does give the warning, "not designed for this device", but it worked. It also worked today as an audio dock with my iPad2. I haven't tried it with iPhone 4S using an HDMI TV yet, but video worked with a previous iPhone. NOTE - If not hooked to a TV to use it's on screen interface via remote, you have to hit the the top left button of the remote to let you control the iPhone on the actual phone screen.