And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Flew to Berkeley today for a quick trip. Unfortunately, no time to try and get together with any Norcal folks. sad.png Going to try and get some Pliny on tap tomorrow night though.

By the way, I never thought I would say this but flying Southwest Airlines is so much better than United/Continental. Too bad they don't have more direct flights to places I want to go.

Thought I felt a little TX in the in the norcal vibe... Welcome Shelly.... If you do find any time. let us know. Try to come to you.

Cheers,

Mikey

Good luck with the on-call. Haven't done that for years either, don't miss it at all (especially since the application I was supporting at that time was designed by a dolt and needed almost nightly attention). Do you get extra $ for being on-call....?

Edited by skullguise

I get employed for being on call...

I get paid for when I work (hourly), and I don't mind being on call. The main difference is the system I run does lots of time dependent things (my system is the live weather forecasting system for the national weather service), when before I was responsible for research systems. So every 6th week I'm on call.

Finally got far enough with my car to start putting things back together and hopefully finish dealing with it today, and I realize the replacement belt for the one they sent the wrong part is STILL WRONG. Jesus christ, how fucking hard is it to read part number?!

Oooh, that. I hear you. I ended up on a lifetime of blood pressure meds around your age. I've been doing cardio and have been trying to eat better forever. But I'm fighting genetics .. at least I'm on the lowest dose possible, plus my Dad was on meds in his 20s. Now, if I can stay off cholesterol meds ..,