And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Signed up for the mcat for August 17th. Dug out my old study plan and tweaked it for 3 months. I don't have the stamina I used to when I was younger. Purchased a bunch of review books. Finished my physics problem set. Read a little further into Michael crichtons micro. Made a salmon in bbq sauce sandwich with sautéed onions and honey wheat bread. It came out absurdly well. I haven't cooked fish much but it seems like a cast iron pan makes everything cook evenly and better. Did laundry and vaccuumed the entire house and wet mopped after. Did the dishes and fixed a leaking faucet in the kitchen. Mom is happy. Not about to enjoy some potato and French beans and a side of lentil from our home town in India (mom just came back from India). Busy day but I have the day off tomorrow to spend with Julie. She has a lot of studying to do so will probably end up reading ahead but really just staring at her the entire time.

You guys have convinced me to get a bike.

Aboot bloody time. Gonna talk to your friend at the fancy place? You should. Joneses to keep up with, and all. ;)

@Crap, sounds like a pretty productive day. Nice.

I took the kids to my mom's for an easter egg hunt. Played a little almost-baseball with Xavier and my cousin's 2 year old. Had fun.

**BRENT**

Biked along A1A to Palm Beach and back, approx. 40 miles, with the last ten being totally annoying, mostly because my feet were hating being clipped in at that point. I wasn't experiencing pain or numbness (learned to point my toes for a bit to stop that), but I just wanted to move them around and it was really making me nuts. On the good side of things, I haven't been that far before, and other than the feet thing, it wasn't hard, though my average speed was only 14.2, though I have to say, the wind was fairly brutal for about 1/4 of the ride, and when not, I was going about 16 mph. Also, I learned how reach and drink from my water bottle while riding, which had been a fear of mine. All and all, it was a beautiful ride. Paused to snap a pic:

40cac772.jpg

Just under a 9 mile hike in the sand, no bugs to torment me today it was pretty sweet

Nice hiking. Were you at Jonathan Dickinson park again?

Vicki 40 miles I'm impressed!

Once you get out of Delray and Boynton, there are long stretches with no traffic lights and it's easier to just go. I was impressed with me as well until I just tried to stand up. It wasn't pretty.

40 miles, wow! I haven't even left the house yet.

I have a commutor and mountain bike. Unfortunately I'm not so sure there are so many places nearby to ride a road bike. The roads are not really an option for multiple reasons. I'll have to check out the bike paths along the bayous before I spend a bunch of cash on a bike that sits in the garage.

Nice hiking. Were you at Jonathan Dickinson park again? Once you get out of Delray and Boynton, there are long stretches with no traffic lights and it's easier to just go. I was impressed with me as well until I just tried to stand up. It wasn't pretty.

yes JD park it is a great 9 mile-ish circle

Mike and I are very close to Gunnar frames !! Stop me please

Had a really frustrating day at work Wednesday. I was so frustrated I was fit to be tied. It wasn't the usual corporate nihilist back-stabber bullshit. It was just ordinary bad luck.

On Thursday I had barbeque for lunch with Miguel.

On Friday, Bonnie and I sat and watched the full moon rise over the swamp.

On Saturday, we had a delightful time with friends.

I feel much luckier now.

Glad your brother and family are ok Vicki.

My bike is a '73 Raleigh RRA, which I built up full Campy Nuovo Record, replaced the derailleurs in the '80s with Super Record. Friction shift (Simplex Retrofriction levers), so you have to hit the gears (not indexed), but for my needs is fine. BTW, I like your Gunnar alot.

bike_side_new_2011.jpg

Nice! Now I know there's at least one other person on the road who still has downtube shifters :-)

Mike and I are very close to Gunnar frames !! Stop me please

I will absolutely not stop you.

Lounging by the pool after a leisurely sail wthe grand kids. Sucking down 3 of Matt the Younger's finest - stout, scotch ale, and his best, Matt the Younger IPA? Life is good.

Nice 40, Vicki, and nice pic. Mike, John, and me are wusses in comparison.

Enjoy, Gene!

Carl, glad things got back on track. Tell Bonnie we need to have dinner or something.

Good work Vicki, I haven't done 40 in a few weeks. It's a fun distance, not long enough that you suffer terribly but long enough smile.png

I went fishing for the 3rd or 4th time in 3 days with my brother on the lake. Lot of fun to drift around. I wish I had a trolling motor.

Edited by Dreadhead