And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Found out today that Sirius/XM raised my rate from $5.99 per month to over $15.00 per month with no notification, and has been billing me at that rate since January.

Called to promptly cancel, which took about an hour. I asked for an email confirmation of cancellation to which they reply it will take 24 hours. Fucktards!

My fault for not watching my bank statements closer.

And after not receiving my confirmation email after 24 hours, I log into their chat (via my account that is supposed to have been canceled) only to have them tell me that a confirmation email of cancellation is not procedure and that they cannot send one. My account has only been de-activated, not cancelled. I did request that my CC info be deleted. The supervisor told me thet he did delete it for me, but of coarse without any kind of written confirmation I have no proof of this.

does anyone know of any way to obtain written confirmation from them? I've read numerous horror stories of people being billed large amounts post cancellation. And I don't trust this company at all.

That's fucked up. So they lied when they said it'd take 24 hours?

By the way, "not procedure" and "cannot" are two separate things.

Also, do it in writing. Make sure to opt for delivery confirmation.

PS I just asked for you, as a non-subscriber considering subscribing, but hesitant to do so because of exactly this...etc. I will tell you what they say.

I also submitted a negative helpfulness on the FAQ page. "How do I cancel?" should provide instructions for cancelling. I see a class action lawsuit in the future.

PS I just asked for you, as a non-subscriber considering subscribing, but hesitant to do so because of exactly this...etc. I will tell you what they say.
Well, that went nowhere -- they thought I wanted to cancel my contract, so they may have just subscribed me. Good thing they don't have my credit card information. I told them, "you fail", amongst other things.

When I called to cancel last year, they asked if they could move me to inactive instead. I said only if there was no chance it'd reactivate. Then they asked if I wanted a free 6 month subscription instead. I said only i there was no chance I'd get billed after that, as I was never going to pay for their service again. I still get emailed offers to rejoin for $25 a year that I ignore. We've since gotten 2 cars with Sirius/XM radios in them, and I haven't activated either because I refuse to do business with a company that decided that the business model they wanted to follow was Columbia House CDs.

• Like 1

They flat out will not cancel my account. I've asked directly numerous times. The only reply is "Your service is inactive". To which I reply "That's the problem, I want it cancelled". They ignore that.

I refuse to do business with a company that decided that the business model they wanted to follow was Columbia House CDs.

That is a perfect analogy!

Edited by swt61

Today has just been a good day.

Dad got picked up by his boss from an evacuation shelter. He is well rested and back to normal.

Julie got a bonus and promotion at work for being an awesome kickass girl.

I got an interview invite from miller school of medicine. It is only an interview but still very surprising and good news.

Had an absurdly tender dry aged ny strip for the first time. Grilled it at home. I have never been able to season meat correctly - either it is too much or too little. This just turned out to be the right amount. The outside was seared to perfection. The insides were warm and pink but not bloody. Very soft and tender.

Finally got to my room and saw a FedEx ground box from Jh Audio. For my jh16s back and they were cleaned and the socket in the right earpiece was replaced. Took them almost three weeks to get them back to me but they didn't charge me the 25 bucks they said they would. I didn't mind paying for the service but I was just getting tired of being told that someone in the lab was working on them as we spoke and that they were going to get shipped out that day (on multiple days). Expediency aside, they fixed it to my satisfaction, cleaned it when they didn't need to and put a big smile on my face at the end of a good day. I can't complain. Nothing comes close to them so ill take the 3 week repair time. Jh audio and the crew get a fuck yeah from me.

Today has been a good day.

Edited by crappyjones123
  • Like 2

Crap, that's awesome! Congrat to you and the missus. (Although at first I thought it said 'I got a bonus and promotion at work for being an awesome kickass girl", and that amused me).

I played a concert with my community concert band tonight. We opened for the Chattanooga School of Arts and Sciences, one of the leading magnet schools in the area. They have a rather decent band, especially for early in the year. We played 5 pieces then listened to them play six. The closed with a piece we played a couple years ago :)

I found out that the gig we're playing tomorrow night is a place called "Track 29" at the Chattanooga Choo Choo. Yes, the place from the song exists, and I live near it. Jack White actually kicked off his latest tour here. It's a newish venue that's attracting some decent regional and light national stuff. It's pretty big for our area, which hasn't been able to draw acts in a long long time.

It was started by a kid I used to game with about 10 years ago. Pretty cool.

**BRENT**

Congrat Crappy.

My day:

Completed one grant proposal (the "easy" one unfortunately). Finished my last letter of recommendation for graduate students today (now just undergrads going to grad school left). Found some time to talk to the person I am visiting about math. Now I just need to finish writing the "hard" grant and finish it by Tuesday. It is going to be one damn long weekend and I am already exhausted. Let's hope I don't get stuck in Chicago tomorrow.

Edited by shellylh

^What Steve said.

I interviewed for the position of development officer for my local planning district last night. Within an hour of the interview, they offered me the job. I think I'm going to take it. It's part-time and it's not in my field, but new challenges, blah blah blah... The pay is solidly mediocre, augmenting our current income enough to sock some away for retirement and buy the occasional modest audio upgrade without guilt. The part-time aspect is what sold me on the job though - it means I get to continue farming, renovating my house, growing a vegetable garden, spending time with my kids, heating my house with self-cut wood, and maybe even finishing my master's thesis.