And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I got nothing, other than a commendation for taking the approach of, "don't change it for the sake of changing it, only change it if it's an improvement" -- I have to agree that I was looking at these against each other -- the original logo clearly wins.

And I sort of agree with Chris' attitude of keeping it simple, though perhaps not that simple. You have a logo, keep it. You'd be surprised what simply changing the aspect ratio on it and the thickness of the lines would do to making it look more elegant.

Justin,

Those logos are terrible. While your current logo is simple, it is effective. I would second the advice that others have given and punt that contest and rewrite the design brief and include some information and pictures of the BHSE. I'd also talk to Ed and see if he's interested in doing some design work for you.

628x471.jpg

As promised, I went to the last of three elimination games and watched the Gigantes destroy the St. Lousi DeadBirds. Sorry Hubby Tim, but this year it ain't happening. World Series at home starts Wednesday. GO GIANTS!

Oh hell yeah! Last night's game was crazy. I'm so jealous Al, but I'm glad you and your family have been able to enjoy the games in person. I will have to make do with gloating at all the Dodger fans I run into down here.

these are too busy.

when people submit logos to contests, they are intimidated to send in simple designs.

But simple designs work, especially when they get printed on small materials and literature.

You should just take the font you used for the BHSE and simply use that without any shapes.

Its association has already been established on the top tier product, and it accomplishes the cutting edge requirement without getting goofy.

Simple.

^^^THIS

i feel bad for the people putting a lot of time and effort into this, but that's how the system works. even the most successful designers on here (dont think any have entered my contest) only win less than 10% of the time) which comes out to them netting about $25 per logo

Edited by justin