And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Thank you gents. The dry cough is the worst of it. The nebulizer helped the breathing a lot. In case anyone is medically inclined, here is what my breathing sounded like around noon today. Just held a phone up to my mouth. No amplification. The other med school students got a kick out of it. 

https://soundcloud.com/anurag-katyal/lung-sounds

Handed over a check for $5000 to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and for a little over $7500 to the St. Baldrick's Foundation. Both organizations work with children with cancer and do some amazing work to make their lives better.

The lab manual I had made for the Neuroanatomy Lab ended up being used as an optional supplement for the course. It will be used as the manual next year with a few more additions that I need to make this summer. It was well received enough that we decided to turn it into a fundraiser for the Photography Club. The students were allowed to donate whatever amount they wanted in exchange for the manual and we ended up getting donations from 322 of the 350 students that got the book which was absolutely unbelievable. That $5000 collected was donated to the LLS. 

As part of the Pediatric Club, we encouraged people to either shave their head or donated some of their hair to Locks of Love. One 9th grader (who attends an advanced high school attached to my university) surprised us all by raising $4100 alone. She agreed to shave her head if everyone in her class donated anything over $5. The message spread like wildfire and other classes and teachers contributed to the cause as well. We are very lucky to have had her present today. Even though she singlehandedly raised more than half the amount we donated, she was exceptionally humble and a pleasure to talk to. 

Going to be somewhat easy to fall asleep tonight. Hopefully they can find a way to fuck cancer up the ass. 

Here are some pictures I took at the event today if you wish to see - http://photographyinmedicine.blogspot.com/2014/11/our-community-efforts_4.html

• Like 12