And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Today, the remains of Richard III will be reburied in Leicester Cathedral.  His skeleton was found under a car park (!) a couple of years ago, along with evidence of his curved spine from scoliosis.  The car park was on the site of the Greyfriars monastery five hundred years ago.

Immortalised by Shakespeare in his play of that name: "Now is the winter of our disconent, made glorious summer by this Son of York..."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/11488151/The-burial-of-Richard-III-viewers-guide.html

• Like 1

Glad it turned out ok, Nate!

I may have spoken too soon.  We have no heat on the second floor of the house.  So while it's toasty on the first floor, the second floor lost 10 degrees overnight and it's not supposed to get above freezing today.  Yay.  I'm trying to be kind and wait till 8am to call Mr. Heat again.

Nate, I feel your pain.  I did some minor plumbing repairs on my toilet earlier in the week and when I turned the water back on, my pressure relief valve on my boiler had a slow leak.  Went to the HVAC distributor and bought a replacement 30 psi valve.  Installed it and it now leaked like an open faucet.  Thinking that this one might be bad also, I traded this new one for another.  Same problem.  This time I noticed that the system pressure was up to 60 PSI when I re-pressurized the system, not good.  Soooo, after doing a more through examination, I found that  my main system feeder valve is leaking, my pressure regulator is not functioning, and my pressure tank is completely filled with water.  Looks like I'm going to make some one rich this coming week.

Me

I may have spoken too soon. We have no heat on the second floor of the house. So while it's toasty on the first floor, the second floor lost 10 degrees overnight and it's not supposed to get above freezing today. Yay. I'm trying to be kind and wait till 8am to call Mr. Heat again.

Do not like.

So we have been at a relatively unexpected soccer tournament this weekend. On Wednesday we received an email from the coach of the sporting St. Louis Rangers U12 boys team. They were looking for a guest player to replace their goalie for the tournament. This is one of two Academies run by The MLS team Sporting K.C. (The other one in KC). We were not sure what Peter's reaction would be as he would be playing goalie on a very high level team with players he did not know, and he would be playing U12 at 101/2. He immediately said yes and was very excited to play. So we had two games on Saturday and two on Sunday. The first game was rather calm and he made 5 solid saves, which gave him a lot of confidence as the team won 1-0. The second game was against the Chicago Fire U12 academy team. This game was a dogfight and Peter made 14 saves and let in one goal. The team won 2-1 and he definitely secured that win for them. I also must add that the Chicago Fire team was one of the dirtiest playing teams I have ever seen. We had one of our players kneed in the back, after the play was over, one player kneed in the groin, after the play was over and one of their players sitting on the goalie to prevent him from getting up. (They were fucking close to losing that player).

On Sunday, the first game was a blow out and we won 9-0. Peter only touched the ball once. The second game was interesting and we eventually won 2-1 with their goal coming on a PK because our goalie took down the player in the box without actually trying for the ball. His mom was furious and my comment was as long as you are going to take him down at least use the arm bar. Anyway, we ended up winning the tournament and Peter only let in 2 goals, one of which was a PK.

7ea0aea8d9a57ad9c35073f7325b7431_zps4cfa

Edited by morphsci
  • Like 11

So we have been at a relatively unexpected soccer tournament this weekend. On Wednesday we received an email from the coach of the sporting St. Louis Rangers U12 boys team. They were looking for a guest player to replace their goalie for the tournament. This is one of two Academies run by The MLS team Sporting K.C. (The other one in KC). We were not sure what Peter's reaction would be as he would be playing goalie on a very high level team with players he did not know, and he would be playing U12 at 101/2. He immediately said yes and was very excited to play. So we had two games on Saturday and two on Sunday. The first game was rather calm and he made 5 solid saves, which gave him a lot of confidence as the team won 1-0. The second game was against the Chicago Fire U12 academy team. This game was a dogfight and Peter made 14 saves and let in one goal. The team won 2-1 and he definitely secured that win for them. I also must add that the Chicago Fire team was one of the dirtiest playing teams I have ever seen. We had one of our players kneed in the back, after the play was over, one player kneed in the groin, after the play was over and one of their players sitting on the goalie to prevent him from getting up. (They were fucking close to losing that player).

On Sunday, the first game was a blow out and the won 9-0. Peter only touched the ball once. The second game was interesting and they eventually won 2-1 with their goal coming on a PK because the goalie took down the player in the box without actually trying for the ball. His mom was furious and my comment was as long as you are going to take him down at least use the arm bar. Anyway, they ended up winning the tournament and Peter only let in 2 goals, one of which was a PK.

7ea0aea8d9a57ad9c35073f7325b7431_zps4cfa

Awesome!

^^^ Epic!

Me, assisted the heatmizer in letting some bubbles out of my heating system. Heat has been restored to all levels of the house. Happy happy, joy joy.

Glad to hear it was just bubbles Nate!