And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Well, I just got off the phone with my friend and the body shop. Good news, other than my friend and child being okay, is that the woman who hit my car admitted fault and was driving a company car. There was no mechanical damage, but the hood, front bumper and one of the front sides need to be replaced. The company just wants to take care things and have no problems. I'll know more on Monday.

I know it sounds kind of corny, but these updates reminded me of when my grandmother died. Some cousins in NJ hosted the extended family and very close friends, and we reminisced about our grandmother and focused on new life: all the kids/grandkids around. It was an amazing weekend, ended up being really positive and full of laughs; and it just stuck in my memory.

The parallels of "good news within bad" seemed to set that off. Happy birthday's to the little ones, and best of luck and good wishes to the big ones.

Edited by skullguise

My wife bought a mechanical edger to trim the grass where it meets the sidewalk, and cut the phone phone line that was shoved down between the grass and the sidewalk. I warned her about that and said we had to stick with the electric weed-wacker (the kind with rotating spool of fishing-line). Fortunately we use Comcast cable, internet and voice and have no downtime. But if we ever want to switch back to Qwest we'll be SOL.

Not as bad as everyone else who're having problems, so I consider myself lucky so far - unless the neighbors start complaining about no phone service...

:D

Indeed ... ;)

No one can accuse you of not being quick.

OT here, but I just did a weekend in Key West for Becky's birthday with the Red Oxx C-Ruck as our main carry. It was brilliant, since we went and returned by boat, and I had to carry both days. So much easier with stuff on my back and waist than over a shoulder or on my arm.

I'd say more, but even before there was a Las Vegas, there was "What Happens in KW, stays in KW"