And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Had ramen for breakfast -- was better than the other place (though my friend disagreed), but not as good as either of the two places I went in NYC.

Saw Super 8.

Saw Midnight in Paris.

Had pizza for dinner.

Didn't know what to do with myself at a bar.

Saw Adryelle play.

Saw Skydivers play.

Came home.

In other words, nothing new, but a particularly enjoyable (read: of the non-Floridian variety) conglomeration of events for me.

My wife bought a mechanical edger to trim the grass where it meets the sidewalk, and cut the phone phone line that was shoved down between the grass and the sidewalk. I warned her about that and said we had to stick with the electric weed-wacker (the kind with rotating spool of fishing-line). Fortunately we use Comcast cable, internet and voice and have no downtime. But if we ever want to switch back to Qwest we'll be SOL.

Not as bad as everyone else who're having problems, so I consider myself lucky so far - unless the neighbors start complaining about no phone service...

How are they going to complain with no phone service?

7:30am yesterday - woke up

7:31am - 8:50pm yesterday - blah blah blah

8:51pm - 12:29am - met up with old friend to go to a local music festival to see The Beach Boys (With John Stamos)

12:30am - 2am - hang out with friend for a drink and some fried pickles

2am - 5:30am - hang out, then decide to go eat breakfast

5:30am to 6:30am - drove around until Bojangles opened

IMG135.jpg

6:40am - ^ this

7:30ish -got home

7:57am

Had an awesome night...

**BRENT**

Took part in the Crystal City Challenge group ride with a buddy of mine. He should have spent more time on the bike before undertaking the challenge so we ended up leaving early as he was done after 2.5 hrs of a possible 3.5.

One of these years I'm going to get to do the full ride at my own pace instead of waiting for people but I have no clue when that's going to be....

Spent the early part of the day cooking - waffles for breakfast, a loaf of banana bread for Libby, and prepped & cooking slow-cooker ribs as I type this. Also too Libby to ride on her first carousel at a local mall - she looked rather serious and looked as though she wasn't sure what to make of it.

a birthday party for a kid from church. Her parents run the local atomic bounce, so there were 2 inflatable water rides, a kiddie pool, 10 pizzas, and 2 ponies. So what happens 30 minutes into the party? That's right, tornadoes came through town. Luckily, all we got was a shitload of rain for an hour. After that, everything was great, but for an hour, there were 40 screaming kids in a 2000 sq ft townhouse. With water coming into the basement.

First off, happy belated birthday to Peter and congrats on taking your Vespers Jim and Karen because there is everything right with that! Happy return home, Shelly, although it was great seeing you and meeting Tim this week. Happy belated to Becky, Gene, if I didn't mention that previously, and glad to hear the C-Ruck is treating you right. That's scary, Dan, but a good ending, happily.

Yesterday, I did very little except sleep, buy a new washer and dryer for Mayberry, and sleep some more. Good times.

Today, I got up just in time to drop Sophie off at the ferry for a trip into SF for tea with her friends, and then headed on to visit my mom in the nursing home. The last couple of months have been very bad for her, after a couple of strokes and episodes of various other issues that have afflicted her on and off these last few years. She got out of the hospital and into a nursing home just 1 mile from their home, so it is much easier on my dad. Anyway, she has been having difficulty with talking, cannot stay focused and sleeps a lot, until yesterday, that is. Suddenly she is back to her bright and coherent self, and can speak much more strongly and clearly, although she remains physically diminished. It was a great visit and quite a remarkable change from last weekend when my dad was in the pit of despair and she was pretty much out of it. I'm so glad she is doing better mentally and hope she can recover enough physically to get home--as much for my dad's sake as hers because he has been suffering more than she has in her stupor. Anyway, that's the update on the MOTDOTU, and your good wishes and good energy have certainly helped me, and I think her too. ;)

Edited by Voltron