Hurricane Irene Takes Aim For East Coast

roadtonowhere08

^ Same. I'm glad to see though that the power/severity of storm keeps getting downgraded every time they've put up a new estimate. I remember on Friday, there was still a good chance that it would still be a hurricane when it arrived in Mass - it's not even close to being that bad.

And our sump pump/french drain system is working thus far in keeping the basement dry.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

^^ Ditto. Seeing slower sustained winds in North Andover, with gusts so far (I'm guessing) only in the high 20's to low 30's maybe..... Some reports of folks in town, along Rt 114 towards Middleton, have lost power.

Just talked with my mom in Marblehead, she's more worried about her neighbors' trees. She's not close to the shore, but has had occasional water issues.

Stay safe, all!

Yeow. Power's still on, but I've got a major voltage sag here. 98V coming out of the wall right now. My AR preamp does not like it, and shut itself off. I turned off the rest of my audio gear to be safe. The lappy's power brick is rated 100-240V, so I suspect it'll live. Shutting down just about everything else. blink.gif

Sorry for the hassles and even more sorry for damage being done.

Good luck all. I bet the NYC contingent is already without power. Never thought I'd be thinking about Gene in a hurricane, at least not when he's in Maine smile.png.

Even worse, on the 25th he said he was out on a sailing cruise with a buddy and they were trying to sail back to Maine before Irene hit. He hasn't been active on HC since then, but he did say the wifi was spotty. Better give him a call today.

Exactly, Haj. I think he did the right thing. Being overprepared can be inconvenient. Underpreparation can be deadly.

The wind is still nice and strong by us, btw.

except you can only overprepare people so many times before they stop listening. Can't remember who called it the "Storm of a lifetime" -- Obama or Bloomberg -- that was a bit much.