Help with naming a new puppy!

Aimless1

Getting a male Vizsla puppy on New Years Eve. Need help with naming it! So far we're leaning toward Koda, Scout and Taz. No particular order. Your suggestions appreciated. One or two syllables are best. Here he is today at just over 6 weeks old.

post-948-0-35079700-1324342750_thumb.jpg

Edited by Aimless1

Hrothgar.

Edit: Oh, since it's a Hungarian breed, perhaps you don't want an Old English name. Here's a good list of Hungarian names, with meanings: http://www.behindthename.com/php/browse.php?type_gender=1&operator_gender=&value_gender[]=masculine&type_usage=1&operator_usage=&value_usage[]=hungarian

Edited by acidbasement

Perhaps Tito.

The name of the first ever Viszla pup here in the U.S. (Oct 7, 1950).

Although I like your pick of the name Koda.

One of the most frequent commands you'll use with any dog is "Come"

and with a name like Koda he'd be highly responsive to any word that begins with a "k" sound.

In that case I like Colon

The final name will be used in the field while bird hunting with the pup/dog. Needs to be no more than 2 syllables. I like Skeletor but doesn't meet my requirements for field use.

Past dogs have been named (Irish Setter) Whisky, (English Setter) Patch, (Gordon Setter) Maizie and (Gordon Setter) Quest. From the new suggestions so far I like Oscar/Oszkar/Ozkar and Zoltan/Zsolt, and still like both Koda and Scout. Taz (short for Tazmanian Devil) was inspired by the you tube video. cool.png