Blue Hawaii Special Edition

pabbi1

I just saw the latest NY meet thread and people are saying good things about the Woo WES and RSA A-10!

What should we do?!

What can we do?!

Don't panic.

Don't tell me not to panic!

I'm not panicking, why should I panic?

How many people are in here, anyway?

This is too scary, let's go back to listening to Leona Lewis - Echo with the O2mk2 and BHSE since the mk2 has more bass.

Haha Deadneddz doesn't know what he's missing yet.

I can't stand it! There are photos of people enjoying the SR-Omega with the WES!

Maybe they were listening to Leona Lewis - Echo? And it sounds better than the SR-Omega + BHSE?

Aaagh!

Whew, at least the WES only had Shuguang Treasure EL34 and what looks like Sophia 6SL7. It would really be unbearable if it had Philips metal base EL34 and Valvo 6SL7.

I can't stand it! There are photos of people enjoying the SR-Omega with the WES!

Maybe they were listening to Leona Lewis - Echo? And it sounds better than the SR-Omega + BHSE?

Aaagh!

Whew, at least the WES only had Shuguang Treasure EL34 and what looks like Sophia 6SL7. It would really be unbearable if it had Philips metal base EL34 and Valvo 6SL7.

The WES sounds fantastic with the Omega. :cool:

If I were you Elephas, I'd buy just the WES solely for the comparison to the Aristaeus with respect to the SR-Omega and HE90. DEW ET! :D Besides, who needs an A-10 when you've got a BHSE, Aristaeus, ES-1 (tortured amp it may be), and potentially a WES?

We all want to be you but unfortunately that will just never happen. Hey are you coming to CanJam 2010? :P

If I were you Elephas, I'd buy just the WES solely for the comparison to the Aristaeus with respect to the SR-Omega and HE90. DEW ET! :D Besides, who needs an A-10 when you've got a BHSE, Aristaeus, ES-1 (tortured amp it may be), and potentially a WES?

We all want to be you but unfortunately that will just never happen. Hey are you coming to CanJam 2010? :P

I thought the ES-1 was in spritzer's hands? Or was that someone else/I'm making things up?

Trust in your own ears, Elephas. You are happy with your system.

Don't listen to Elephas, hes just being a troll.:P Im sure hes very happy with his system, and is just trying to pretend he actually wants something he does not have....ah what the hell, feed the troll! Buy the WES Elephas! Buy! Buy! Buy!:D

I thought the ES-1 was in spritzer's hands? Or was that someone else/I'm making things up?

He has one also. Spritzer has a different one.

The WES would certainly give you a different presentation from the BHSE but it will not be "better", even with you tube and cap rolling until you are blue in the face. It might work better with the HE-90 and SR-Omegas of the world since true wire with gain isn't what they need.

The one I have was a gift from Afrikane that I really should finish fixing one of these days... :palm:

Aaagh!

I wanted to bid on that auction for Philips metal base EL34 that you linked us to, but I could simply not afford them. The current set on eBay is $2500 right now. Jack Wu says the tubes in the prototype WES that I recently bought from them cost $700, but $2500 is nuckin' futz.

The WES would certainly give you a different presentation from the BHSE but it will not be "better", even with you tube and cap rolling until you are blue in the face.

But what about fuse rolling? :P

I would be the first to say that $2500 for a quad of Philips EL34 metal base is way too much. About half that is more reasonable, but still high. And if the recording isn't so good, which is the case for most of the pop/rock/R&B stuff I seem to be uncontrollably obsessed with recently, you might as well use the Mullard xf2 or Philips DD-getter or other types.

Sooner or later both the WES and BHSE are going to show up at the same meet. If you happen to be the BHSE owner, let me know if I can help out with a few tubes. Not that we need an advantage, but better safe than sorry.

Look at the photos of the happy people at the NY meet listening to the WES! There's even a guy giving the thumbs up to the SR-Omega + WES!

I loved the SR-Omega off my old BH (even better match then the SR-007) so the BHSE could simply be too transparent for them. I definitely prefer my new BH to the old one with the SR-007 from memory and that could be due to the increased power of the newer amp. I need a SR-Omega to really be sure...:D

[MonkeyWrench]But if the BHSE is that transparent, then aren't you just hearing the source? Unless the sources on the WES and BHSE were the same it may say more about the sources than the amps. [/MonkeyWrench] I re-fuse to give Elephas an excuse to not buy the WES. :D

Edited by morphsci

Monkey wrenches only hurt monkeys, not me, I can block with my trunk!

I think that fellow BH and BHSE owners are re-fusing to take their tube-rolling duties seriously. So if a BHSE loses to a WES, it was because of the tubes!

Actually, a monkey-wrench can absolutely hurt an elephant, if it hits him in the right spot. nutkick.gif