Total years of marriage at Headcase

Wmcmanus

343+13=356

Unsuccessfully stalked Anne around the hospital for months. Then our 'psychotic angel' brought us together. Anne had a chronic schizophrenic patient who wanted a new shrink. She sent her my way, and the patient called and called, made appointments, cancelled them, getting crazier and crazier ... requiring me to call Anne with updates regularly. Each phone call became more familiar and friendly, until I finally built up the courage to ask her out. The patient never made it to my office, and never went back to Anne, either ... but she unknowingly helped to bring us together!

Edited by jvlgato
  • Like 1

356 + 17 = 373.

We met when Karen was an instructor for Informix Software, and I was working at Wang Lab's. Our first date was....Schindler's List. We were engaged within 5 months of meeting, and married a year later. She is still the most beautiful woman in the world to me (even if she IS getting to be more like her mother! laugh.png )

Oh man, that's funny. Kid you not, Mel and my first date was to Schindler's List also!* Is there a romantic trend forming here at Head-Case? Anyone else?

*In case anyone is doing the math, there were several years we didn't date, and I didn't count above, before we got back to together.

Oh man, that's funny. Kid you not, Mel and my first date was to Schindler's List also!* Is there a romantic trend forming here at Head-Case? Anyone else?

That's very cool! The funniest thing about ours was that her co-workers weren't sure it was a "date" (girl talk and all; plus, we met at the theater, apparently against "date" rules) and theyw ere quizzing her before and after.

We went out for drinks after the movie, and spent a glorious 2-3 hours getting to know each other. It went by in an instant! Lots of stories, funny anecdotes about both our dysfunctional families, etc.

The next day, her co-workers ask her how it was. Her reply: "Oh, it was great, I haven't talked so much and laughed so hard in a long time...." "What did you do????" "Well, we went to Schindler's List...." (she didn't get any farther than that for about 2 minutes, she said, everyone was laughing so hard)

Very cool. In previous conversations you mentioned a psychotic angel but I never knew what you meant and I never had the courage to ask figuring it was something too personal. Now I understand.

343+13=356

Unsuccessfully stalked Anne around the hospital for months. Then our 'psychotic angel' brought us together. Anne had a chronic schizophrenic patient who wanted a new shrink. She sent her my way, and the patient called and called, made appointments, cancelled them, getting crazier and crazier ... requiring me to call Anne with updates regularly. Each phone call became more familiar and friendly, until I finally built up the courage to ask her out. The patient never made it to my office, and never went back to Anne, either ... but she unknowingly helped to bring us together!

Not married but The first movie I saw with julie was escape from sobibor. Not schindlers list but close enough? Hopefully the theme carries with it some good luck.

• Like 1

389.997 + 7 = 396.997

I met Eleanor in the Geography dept. at the University of Winnipeg, where we were both doing our undergrads. She had an extra key to a student office room, where people often worked on research projects for various professors, and she gave it to me, since we were both friends with the other people in the office. It was all platonic, and I was unhappily shacked up with another woman at the time anyway. It soon became clear that we were enjoying each other's company a lot, and that on many levels we were pretty much the same person. It became really obvious that I could not stay with the person with whom I was living at the time, and I never looked back. Now Eleanor and I have two awesome boys and more animals than I should admit.

Somewhere between...

259 + 0 = 259

and

259 + 12 = 271

... depending if credit is awarded for living with, parenting, and/or dating the same gal. Older I get the less I understand marriage, but hope I'm lucky enough to spend the rest of my life with said gal, and best wishes to all, however they couple.

I hadn't thought of that particular case, which actually applies to a lot of people.

My intent was for this to be a "feel good" thread, which is why I suggested adding in all years of marriage, whether those marriages turned out well (in the end) or not.

I've been in several committed relationships, and was even engaged a couple of times, but never really in something that either one of us regarded as an all-out marriage. Ring and vows, or no ring and vows, there are many people who can quite honestly claim their years of commitment as marriage.

So everyone should feel free to interpret the word "marriage" in any way they wish to.

396.997 + 38 = 434.997

I had a wet dream once when I was in high school that had something to do with a Farrah Fawcett poster. I think she felt the connection as well, but I'm not 100% sure. Anyway, I'm rounding it up.

434.997 + 0.003 = 435

Edited by Wmcmanus
  • Like 3

459+1 = 460

I was actually Lauren's pole vault coach when she was at UNH, and actually met her on her recruiting visit in early '02. We always enjoyed spending time together, at practice, track meets, and when the group of vaulters would get together for dinner. And while there seemed to be something there, it wasn't anything either of us wanted to pursue. We spent more time together after she graduated in '06, but it took 2 years for anything to happen, and we didn't start to date until the summer of '08. She moved in with me in '09, we got engaged in '10 and married in '11. The 7 1/2 year age difference has never been a problem. I think it's a good sign that in a one-room loft-style condo, where there's nowhere to hide, we have yet to grate on each other, or even really fight. Years of friendship has given us a strong foundation and I'm pretty excited for what the future holds.

Edited by en480c4
  • Like 1

488 +10 = 498

Ten-year wedding anniversary in just about a month. We met in grad school. I was hosting the "refreshment" bar at the welcoming happy hour. She stopped by and asked for a beer recommendation, the rest is history! Met, dated, lived together for about 4 yrs before getting married.

499+11=510

We will hit 11 years on the 27th of this month. We met online and neither of of wanted anything serious just someone to hang out with. One and a half years later we were married. It has had its ups and downs but we are always there for each other. She is my best friend and I could not ask for a better one. We get each others twisted sense of humor and almost always laugh at the exact same time when something is funny. We have even made the exact same comment at the exact same time about things. Our friends say it is sickening to see us together because we act like a couple of high school kids in love. That is the way I always want it to be.