The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post

Knuckledragger

It was not obvious to me, Wayne, but now looking through the "SH forum members have a boner for anything Beatles related" lens, it makes a bit more sense.  They'd rather look at Yoko doing... that... than Katy Perry.  That's dedication!  

Sure Katy is prepackaged and made up to the max, but still, even the illusion of her is better ;)

Edited by roadtonowhere08

Actually, I think they all know how horrid the Yoko thing was but were just making fun of Katy Perry.  But you're right, it's a slightly older crowd (for the most part) at the SH Forums and a lot of them are died hard Beatles types.  Plus, they hate pretty much anything that has happened in the music world from Madonna forward and certainly would not think it's "cool" to like Katy Perry because it would go against their code as much as would drinking a Bud if you're a beer douche.

I'm personally indifferent to Katy Perry.  She does seem at least marginally talented as a vocalist in a plain vanilla kind of way, and has put out some well produced music, plus she comes across with a great desire to be wholesome (she referred to herself as an All-American Girl twice in the interview segment they aired during the game) and I'm not at all opposed to that as a change to pace these days.

Felt bad for the people in the audience at the Yoko thing who all (I'd hope reluctantly) applauded at the end of it.  Yes, I forced myself to watch the whole thing.

Edited by Wmcmanus

http://www.vermontteddybear.com/sellgroup/fifty-shades-of-grey-bear.aspx?bhcp=1

KK0015958_600_20150120_1312.jpg

15" Fifty Shades of Grey® Bear

If you want to dominate Valentine’s Day, skip the roses and send the limited-edition Fifty Shades of Grey Bear. Inspired by the best-selling book, the adult gift is specially designed for fans obsessed with Grey, biting their lips with anticipation over the movie. He features smoldering eyes, a suit and satin tie, mask – even mini handcuffs. Handmade in Vermont, USA using the silkiest fur we can get our paws on; smooth, faux-suede details and 100% recycled stuffing. Guaranteed for life.

15" Fifty Shades of Grey® Bear
KK0015958 $89.99