RIP someone or another

Wmcmanus

3 hours ago, jpelg said:

Photographer Elliott Erwitt:

Elliott Erwitt | Photography | United States

If I had the muscle to afford it, I'd buy this very print: https://www.magnumphotos.com/shop/collections/elliott-erwitt/16-california-1956-california-kiss/?sku=PRINT-ERE-PLAT-PAR11118-30x40

1920x4000.jpg

It's been featured in many LP covers, like this one by Fairground Attraction

fairgroundattraction.jpg

A great photographer and artist. I find puzzling that after such a long life and thousands of photographies, it can all be resumed in a set of rather few pictures.

• Like 6

I don't want to be a turd in the punchbowl, but the square cropping on the album cover absolutely ruins the brilliant framing of the original.  EE hit the rule of thirds just right and made brilliant use of selective DoF in California Kiss.  The album cover might as well be an Instagram filter. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Knuckledragger said:

I don't want to be a turd in the punchbowl, but the square cropping on the album cover absolutely ruins the brilliant framing of the original.  EE hit the rule of thirds just right and made brilliant use of selective DoF in California Kiss.  The album cover might as well be an Instagram filter. 

Still significantly cropped, but the other side of the jacket. 

61TqOYWtORL._SL1083_.jpg

RIP Norman Lear..  (101)

Ed: It got me thinking about how much I have watched, and enjoyed his stuff. 

• All in the Family - some, but it was not a staple
  • The Jeffersons - yes and yes
  • Sanford and Son - Hell yes (ya big dummy)
  • Good Times - yup
  • Maude - nope 
  • Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman - nope
  • One Day at a Time - yup

And that is the short list. Now you know why I am as I is. 

Edited by mikeymad
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 7

When you see movies of someone as a young person you forget they grow old and die. RIP Ryan.

On a similar topic, was watching Die Hard last night, filmed when Bruce Willis was in his early/mid 30's. Born a year before me in 1955, he is now down the dementia road at 68. In his last movies a couple of years ago, he would turn up and wonder why he was at a movie set, and had to repeat his lines coming through an earpiece having lost the ability to learn them.

10 hours ago, Voltron said:

I loved Paper Moon so much when it came out, and that's what I think of most when I think of either Ryan or Tatum. Although I kinda had a crush on Tatum in the Bad News Bears, and thought she was really hot by Little Darlings.

RIP Ryan

It’s worth reposting…

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2